Information Security Engineer 6 - Cloud Security
Location: Chandler, Arizona, Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 5520032
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
How we help our customers succeed, help our communities thrive, and live our vision and values
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Cloud & Platform Security Solutions Engineering (CPSSE) team is part of the Information Security (IS) group under Wells Fargo Technology.
CPSSE provides security solutions engineering for all Cloud and Distributed Systems platforms through innovation, commitment and accountability, and delivery of quality products and services. Position is responsible for security solutions design, implementation, consulting, and security governance guidance around cloud platforms, virtualization technologies, containerization, security controls, and emerging technologies. Position will be responsible to apply in-depth Information Security experience, knowledge, and breadth in order to provide solutions for emerging cloud platforms and technology security risks, and improve the enterprise’s security posture. Position acts as a liaison to the owning technology LOB or area, cloud security program and supporting projects, Information Security (IS) focus areas, and peer teams across Information Security and Wells Fargo's Technology organization, to understand business processes and requirements and then provides security solutions design to enable risk mitigation across the enterprise.
This requisition has multiple openings for Technical Senior lnformation Security Engineer (ISE6) positions.
Roles & Responsibilities may include:
• Serve as one of the senior level cloud security engineers / DevSecOps engineer / SME's for high visibility cloud computing initiatives
• Evangelize opportunities, challenges, and security advantages of integrated cloud services
• Analyze and design cloud security capabilities encompassing: DevOps, automation, access, connectivity
• Analyze and design controls to secure different cloud deployment and service models
• Architect, design, and implement secure cloud frameworks
• Design, manage, and execute transformation required for Public Cloud
• Develop and implement secure CI/CD pipelines
• Proactively partner to update CI/CD pipelines based on trends identified in the environment
• Develop and implement cloud-based procedures, security baselines, continuous monitoring, and compliance checks
• Develop and implement opportunities to virtualize, automate, and develop infrastructure as code
• Leverage agility and scalability of DevSecOps and automated governance utilizing secure infrastructure as code
• Harden infrastructure, platforms, workloads, and services
• Review/update security policies, standards, requirements, and solutions covering different cloud deployment and service models
• Proactively prioritize, analyze and address complex problems and incidents to ensure the highest level of environment stability and availability
• Develop, document and implement a greenfield framework for cloud optimization leveraging industry best practices (including but not limited to CSA, CIS, NIST, FedRAMP, OWASP, etc.) to ensure a secure, least privileged model
• Devise a strategy to develop and implement cloud infrastructure to enable public cloud environments and interconnect to on-prem legacy environments
• Devise a strategy to transition from traditional access management best practices to role based access management strategies aligned and scalable for the cloud
• Partner with stakeholders to assess public & on-prem cloud services implementation and automation opportunities
• Develop and maintain relationships with business and IT partners, engineering and implement automation solutions that balance business agility, operational maintainability, and risk reduction
• Work with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
• Critical thinking skills to question status quo
• Utilize analytical skills and the ability to think outside the box
• Strong ability to learn and solution for new and emerging technologies, and adapting to change
**Open to all Wells Fargo Major Hub Locations including telecommute. **
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience with secure DevOps and deployment automation to cloud environments
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.