Apps Systems Engineer 5 - Ab Initio Developer
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, West Des Moines, Iowa, Chandler, Arizona, Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 5521816
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
How we help our customers succeed, help our communities thrive, and live our vision and values
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This is an Ab Initio Developer position supporting Home Lending. We are moving towards the Enterprise Data Environment as the analytics data lake repository, which will ultimately source the Mortgage Integrated Data Environment (MIDE). The scope of the upcoming work includes sourcing data into the data lake, consuming data from the data lake, and providing a consolidated view of Home Lending data within Wells Fargo.
- Provides design and development support for analytical systems and data integration applications;
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex application solutions;
- Perform extract, transform and load (ETL) processing for complex Analytical Systems Applications using Ab Initio;
- Design, development, test, and implement application code;
- Follow proper software development lifecycle processes and standards;
- Participate in design and code reviews;
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides;
- Be willing to work non-standard hours as the need arises;
- Follow change and problem management processes;
- Develop and foster a positive relationship with team members, team leads and business partners.
- Contribute significantly to the technical direction of the analytical systems environment;
- Ensure the proper application of best practices and standards;
- Propose creative solutions to meet technical and business priorities;
- Provide guidance to other team members and contractors as required;
- Participate in on-call production support rotation.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.