Financial Planning & Controls ManagerJob ID 53115BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Job Title : Financial Planning & Controls Manager 4
Corporate Title : AVP
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations.
Enterprise Controls & Oversight ("EC&O") within the Controller’s Division is a governance and oversight team dedicated to Wells Fargo's system of internal control over financial, regulatory, and risk reporting. We work together to consistently support and monitor our system of internal control over reporting, identify opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness, and achieve our commitments to Wells Fargo teams, stakeholders, and regulators.
About the Role
The Business COSO team supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry leading financial reporting control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of financial, risk, and regulatory reporting control environment;
- Overseeing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for internal controls over financial reporting and strategic planning for on-going compliance with the COSO polices;
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters; and,
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
This individual will contribute to the development and leadership of the Business COSO team by
- Leading the offshore Business controls teams for EC&O at Wells Fargo India & Philippines:
- Partnering with process owners/control owners to oversee documentation of significant, in-scope processes according to corporate COSO policy (e.g., process narratives, process flow diagrams). Additionally, assessing key risks and the appropriateness and completeness of key controls identified;
- Performing walkthroughs of significant processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls;
- Validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions, including assessing appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified;
- Validating and providing challenge to identification of shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications
- Overseeing the performance of COSO testing of key controls, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing
- Confirming and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions
- Analysis of the severity of control deficiencies, both individually and in the aggregate, and the impact to internal control over financial reporting
- Assessing the components of internal control for the business unit
- Evaluating the impact of control deficiencies to existing processes and controls
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable lines of business functions related to assigned process areas, SEC and Regulatory Reporting internal control infrastructures
- Assisting with projects impacting the team including implementing the Company’s COSO-based Regulatory Reporting Governance & Oversight Framework and the 2013 COSO Framework
Market Skills and Certifications
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player that is a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations with a diverse group of stakeholders, and someone who is able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly. This individual should have COSO documentation and testing experience. Additionally, the candidate should possess a significant amount of professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives.
- 15+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Auditing, Accounting, Analytics, Reporting
- 9+ years of Team management experience of a team size of 25 to 40 team members
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advance knowledge of PowerPoint and/or the creation of executive financial briefings
• Big four public accounting experience, A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a Chartered Accountant (CA) Designation
• Experience with governance and oversight accountabilities
• Experience with large financial institutions
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and achieve goals and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power point
• Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
• Ability to present to senior level executives
• Practical experience performing Business audit/Business process re-engineering/process improvement
• Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo; significant experience with continuous improvement of Business controls testing processes and results
• Strong executive relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
• Experience integrating off-shore and/or third party resources into audit/ COSO testing organization
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.