Portfolio Analyst Fixed Income 2Job ID 5564587
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice. Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives. Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth.
At Wells Fargo Asset Management, we put the client at the center of everything we do. Our commitment: Help clients achieve what matters most to them on their path to financial well-being. We do this by channeling the collective wisdom of our specialized investment teams (backed by over 500 investment professionals) into solutions designed to help meet clients’ goals.
We place a relentless focus on pursuing consistent and positive risk-adjusted returns, with the support of our independent risk management teams. Together, we strive to help our clients build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes and defending them against uncertainty.
With more than $607 billion in assets under management and offices around the world, Wells Fargo Asset Management has the resources and reach to help clients across the globe—be it institutions or intermediaries whose focus on the client is akin to our own.
Wells Capital Management is seeking a Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst to join the successful and growing Municipal Bond portfolio management team. The Municipal Bond team manages over $40B tax-exempt fixed income assets in various short and long-term duration separate accounts and mutual funds. Investments are made in both investment grade and non-investment grade securities.
Position Duties include:
- Conducting primary and secondary market credit research utilizing fundamental credit analysis.
- Surveillance of existing security holdings.
- Daily discussions with portfolio managers regarding the purchase and sale of securities, with an emphasis on the underlying credit fundamentals of issuers.
- Documentation of credit recommendations and rating changes by the major credit rating agencies.
- Analysis of assigned sectors and monitoring of general credit trends in the municipal bond market.
- Identification of relative value opportunities amongst credits and sectors.
- Performing ad-hoc projects/analysis as required.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to interact confidently and professionally with municipal market participants
- Ability to work as part of a highly dynamic and interdependent team
- Advanced degree to include MBA, Masters in Public Policy, CFA, or J.D.
- Proficiency with Bloomberg and Perform/Creditscope platforms
- 3+ years’ experience at a buy-side firm, rating agency, bond insurer, or law firm
- Broad knowledge of General Obligation and Revenue Bonds
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.