Automation Test Engineer - Java
Location: Addison, Texas, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 5454197
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
What we are looking for
We are seeking software engineeers that have a strong experience in working with automation frameworks. This position is in an area where the work is fast paced and supporting a large, and yet still growing team. The selected candidate will work directly with our business partners, vendors, and technology leads. With many opportunities to work on our latest technology, the selected candidate will also work with groups to develop strategies and tools to assist our Quality Engineering teams. If you are someone that is passionate for innovation and ensuring quality on behalf of customers, then come join us!
Role and Responsibilities
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for working as part of the ESQA (Enterprise Quality Assurance) team specifically focusing on the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) initiatives. Our Engineers use various techniques to understand the software, identify risks, and write automated tests with Java. Automation Engineers work with Business Partners, Software Developers, along with other team members to understand the features and technical implementation. Automation Engineers will work in groups, such as product teams, to implement new features and enhancements to the automation framework and automated processes.
- Responsible for handling highly complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues.
- Creates and Maintains automation framework using Selenium
- Creates and Maintains automation scripts
- Works with development teams to help implement optimized and re-usable test automation functions.
- Prepares test approach and test scripts based on Stories/BRDs/FSDs.
- Reviews automation code to ensure standards and processes are followed, and advices on optimization of code.
- Implements continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Executes automation scripts and manual test cases, when necessary.
- Works closely with Business and Technology partners on defect resolutions.
- Keeps test documentation up to date.
- Leads the creation, preparation, review and execution of quality assurance activities.
- Works with Business and Technology partners to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve escalated issues during the testing process.
- Analyzes application specific software and performs ambiguity reviews of business requirements and technical functional specification documents.
- Uses advanced knowledge of applications in identifying, evaluating, and resolving highly complex test problems.
- Researches new products and industry methodologies and facilitates the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards for testing.
- Provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff to resolve critical and non-routine scenarios.
- Supports Production validations during late evenings and/or weekends
- Provides on-call support (if needed) outside regular office hours to troubleshoot issues and work with EGS and technology partners
Other Desired Qualifications
- Travel - <5%
- Hours of work 40 hours a week
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.