Mortgage Bank Sales Consultant (SAFE)Location: Alvin, Texas, Angleton, Texas, Baytown, Texas, Bellaire, Texas, Cleveland, Texas, Conroe, Texas, Cypress, Texas, Houston, Texas, Humble, Texas, Kingwood, Texas, League City, Texas, Magnolia, Texas, New Caney, Texas, Pasadena, Texas, Pearland, Texas, Seabrook, Texas, Spring, Texas, The Woodlands, Texas, Tomball, Texas, Waller, Texas, Webster, Texas, Willis, Texas Job ID R-159846
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Mortgage Bank Sales Consultant (SAFE) in Consumer Lending as part of Home Lending. For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at www.wellsfargojobs.com.
***Multiple positions available throughout the Houston area.
In this role you will:
- Support 1-3 assigned retail bank branches on the origination of mortgage loans
- Sit within assigned bank branches to collaborate with branch leadership, participate in branch huddles, mentor and coach employees to increase knowledge of mortgage products and processes, and assist mortgage clients
- Conduct daily outbound calls to existing and prospective customers regarding mortgage loan products and complete associated tracking activities
- Interact with customers to understand their needs and provide them with high quality customer service
- Inform prospective and existing customers of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage programs
- Analyze and offer prospective and existing customers mortgage loan products based on client's need
- Process loan applications for dwelling-secured mortgage transactions and review rates and terms within guidelines
- Maintain high standard of client satisfaction and quality by ensuring timely and proactive customer communication
- Collaborate with fulfillment partners to meet the needs of our clients throughout the origination process
- Develop and maintain a high degree of visibility for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage in the marketplace
- Continuously pursue Wells Fargo training offerings to increase knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements
- Adhere to policies, underwriting requirements, compliance requirements, and loan procedures
- Stay informed of mortgage industry trends and developments in the assigned market
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required
- 2+ years of sales experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education
- Mortgage industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals
- Experience with retail residential mortgage fundings over the past 12 months referred primarily from established, local or external sources
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationship
- Customer service experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to provide leadership by coaching, training, and mentoring
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Willingness to travel
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.