Residential Staff Appraiser- Austin, TX - Valuation Specialist 2Job ID 5568593
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) is an independent Enterprise function in Wells Fargo. As such we are a business unit within the Office of the Chief Operating Officer of the Corporation. Integrated operations organization works collaboratively and consistently across the company. The Chief Operating Office includes core operations functions for each of the lines of business under leaders who have joint reporting relationships. Including Front Line Control for each of the lines of business and enterprise functions, Strategy and Operations Planning, Sales Practices Oversight and Management, Enterprise Shared Services, Strategic Execution & Operations, Corporate Properties Group, Business Continuity and Resiliency, Enterprise Customer Excellence, Supply Chain Management, Real Estate Valuation Services, and Chief Administrative Office.
As the largest mortgage originator and servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate, both commercial and residential, is critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) serves as an independent risk management function within the Chief Operating Office that:
- Interprets appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation Policy
- Communicates with regulators on pending and proposed regulations
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation processes and practices are in place for all valuations across Wells Fargo
- Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and execution
The Residential Staff Appraiser will:
- Perform all aspects of complex and non-complex residential appraisal and appraisal review assignments which will include full-inspection walk-throughs, drive-by and desk assignments.
- Complete or review appraisals ensuring reports are in compliance with regulatory and bank policy.
- Assignments will focus on high dollar transactional assignments, and assignments with higher risk levels as designated by the business unit and will include SFR, land, and residential property (1-4 units) at any transactional amount.
- Regularly meets quality standards and service expectations on assignments
- Regularly demonstrates required valuation skill sets in appraisal development, reporting, and/or review
- May require some supervision and coaching on complex assignments
- Must be capable of managing business relationships involving internal partners within the context of specific assignments
Location: This role will be 100% remote, however, must sit in the Austin, Texas market area with secure stable internet access.
Salary range is determined by location of the job.
May be considered for a discretionary bonus
Other Desired Qualifications
•Expert knowledge and experience performing High End SFR valuations and knowledge of local real estate market
•Experience with Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
•Experience in leveraging automated valuation tools
•Thorough working knowledge of computer technology, appraisal software, mapping software and County Record systems
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
TX-Austin: Min: $60,400 Mid: $85,000 Max: $109,700
TX-Austin: 100 Congress Ave - Austin, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.