Relationship Associate, Financial Institutions GroupJob ID 55334BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Assist in the coverage and relationship management of a designated group of Financial Institutions (FI) customers primarily based in Philippines, Thailand and Bangladesh. This role is based in Singapore.
• Provide support and assistance to a small number of Relationship Managers (RM) who are tasked with growing and maintaining a group of assigned relationships primarily in Philippines, Bangladesh and Thailand through a proactive, strategic business development, client retention, and prospecting relationship management effort. Examples of tasks include:
o Interaction with customers to prepare for virtual client meetings led by RMs,
o Prompt follow up after such meetings to ensure that business momentum is maintained and promised deliverables are achieved
o Assist product partners in preparing presentation materials wherever required by providing relationship related information and obtaining necessary approvals for the presentations.
o Analysis of the client’s situation, including risks, challenges and potential opportunities
o Preparation of business cases to support allocation of WF resources to relationships
o Preparation of briefing materials for senior executive visits to client relationships
o Assistance in arranging approved client events.
Compliance and Financial Crimes Risk Management
• Commit to a culture which firmly establishes compliance risk management as a discipline critical to our success and the success of our customers
• Support RMs in ensuring compliance with Know-Your-Client (KYC) documentation and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures; specific tasks include preparation of the relationship rationale and product sections of Customer Risk Memos , analysis and disposition of negative news pertaining to the customer etc.
• Arranging compliance calls with customers and assisting in obtaining timely RFI responses from customers on compliance risk related queries.
• In partnership with RMs, collaborate with FIG Customer Risk teams, APAC and Global Financial Crimes Risk Management teams and Wholesale Relationship Management Support Team.
• Ensure compliance with Wells Fargo expense policies and procedures including Global Anti-Corruption policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations in Singapore, as well as respective markets covered including Thailand, Bangladesh and Philippines.
Credit Risk Management
• Take an active role in supporting RMs on risk issues, including articulating RM insights into credit risks and managing progress of credit approvals; specific tasks include preparing the relationship rationale and management assessment for credit requests and deal approvals, and providing supporting analysis to assist RMs in credit recommendations
Product Partner Engagement
• Provide detailed input, analysis and articulation for account plans that define Wells Fargo’s holistic objectives for assigned clients and prospects.
• Collaborate effectively with other Wells Fargo Lines of Business, product and support partners to meet holistic revenue targets, execute business plans, implement new business, and retain existing business.
Market Skills and Certifications
• University degree
• Minimum 5 years banking experience, including at least 2 years of financial institutions coverage experience and/or other relevant experience as it applies to FIs.
• Knowledge/experience in compliance (KYC, BSA/ AML, ATF) and regulations.
• Sound understanding of counterparty and country credit risk.
• Demonstrated competency in managing internal relationships and getting things done within large, complex organizations similar to Wells Fargo
• Fluency in English (oral, reading and writing) and superior presentation and communication skills.
• Knowledge of relevant market dynamics, macroeconomic and banking sector trends in Thailand/Bangladesh/Philippines as well as experience in handling FIs in these markets would be preferred.
• Working knowledge of Transaction Banking products and solutions. and basic understanding of capital markets products is preferred
• This role requires coverage and relationship management of a designated group of Financial Institutions customers primarily based in Philippines, Thailand and Bangladesh. Knowledge of one of the local languages viz. Thai / Bengali / Filipino is desirable.
This role is based in Singapore.
Candidates with multi-lingual abilities will be highly preferred. Relocation support can be provided for candidates currently living outside of Singapore.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.