Control Sr AssocJob ID 59031BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Use of this job is restricted to Control Executive groups with Front Line Risk Management. The Business Risk and Control team is responsible for partnering with the relevant business group to identify, assess, manage and mitigate current and emerging risk exposures associated with their activities and operations. Monitors, measures, evaluates, and reports on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group and enterprise function. Consults and provides guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of moderately complex business-specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk. Consults and provides support in the interpretation of policy, guidelines, and governance programs as the front line liaison to Independent Risk Management area for moderate to high risk and complexity enterprise risk programs. Provides risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements. Develops and implements risk monitoring and risk reporting processes and controls. Monitors and reports on its risk concentration, current and emerging risk, and risk appetite. Aggregates, evaluates, reports results and escalates where necessary. Designs and executes control effectiveness assurance programs for Front Line-owned controls. Consults and implements initiatives with moderate to high risk. Internal interface with business regarding risk management of business-specific risk programs. Limited to no external interaction. Does not manage other team members.
Market Skills and Certifications
Responsibilitiesof this position include, but are not limited to:
• Perform QA testing on high risk initiatives and partner with stakeholders to develop and implement control improvements to mature the technology risk and control framework across EIT and the firm.
• Provide leadership on risk methodology, organizational interdependencies, and interoperability across risk and control partners to influence direction.
• Support a governance framework to provide transparency, accountability, and escalation of risk management related matters
• Provide subject matter expertise on regulatory expectations and industry best practice around risk and control frameworks
• Partner with Second and third line of defense to inform, educate, and collaborate
6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 5+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in control testing, compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
The candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; regulatory experience is a plus
• Experience in Controls Testing (Test of Design and Test of Performance)
• IT audit/audit consulting experience
• Advanced Enterprise Risk Management experience and perspective
• Experience successfully navigating and influencing global financial institutions on risk management topics
• Strong risk and control fundamentals, knowledge of frameworks and methodologies, common implementation challenges
• Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures and controls.
• Experience in review and development of risk ratings.
• Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
• Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
• Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
• Professional certifications such as CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP, CIA a plus
• Risk analytics, data visualization and building risk reporting models
• Analyzing current risks in IT processes and identifying potential controls that can handle those risks.
• Development and/or evaluation of technology governance programs, policies, standards and procedures.
• Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
• Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment.
• Strong leadership and influencing skills within a complex, matrix environment; able to gain support and cooperation and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members to achieve results without direct organizational control
• Strong communications skills both written and oral; able to broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, competing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.