Database Analyst 4Apply now Job ID 41155BR
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website.
The Enterprise Technology Infrastructure (ETI) team within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) is responsible for enterprise-wide infrastructure services across the global footprint, including networking, production services, storage, data centers, mainframe, midrange and Cloud-based systems, distributed systems, and international infrastructure.
About the Role
Enterprise Database Management is the CoE for database management within Wells Fargo. This position provides senior level capabilities relative to database administration for the company. The person filling this position must be able to:
- Develop operational policies, procedures, controls and standards
- Develop, implement and maintain automation efficiencies using scripting languages (PERL, KornShell) in a UNIX environment
- Develop and maintain implementation guides and maintenance processes and documentation
- Database software certifications, roadmap planning and maintenance management
- Perform database environment capacity planning and availability management
- Collaborate with partners to resolve company database policy compliance and vulnerability violations
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for complex production problems to include experience with escalation and communication of the problem to senior management
- Consult with and advise senior management on high impact database solutions and database management topics
- Consults extensively with multiple groups, to lead initiatives that could have enterprise impact
- Provide oversight, mentoring, and leadership to less experienced staff
- Leads the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
- Consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction.
- Handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management activities including one or more of the following:
- Designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases in Oracle;
- Leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts;
- Developing management policies, procedures and standards; and
- Gathers business requirements identification, analysis and development.
- 7+ year’s MYSQL database administration, management or design experience
- 7+ years of MYSQL 5.6, 5.7 on Red Hat Linux, using Oracle CRS technology for clustering
- 5+ years of MYSQL database design experience including:
- Experience with infrastructure components including operating system, storage, network, hardware, VMs
- Experience with Linux
- Good Understanding of Shared Database Hosting environments
- Good Understanding of the underlying database infrastructure: systems, storage and networking
- Ability to take a lead role in projects that have a broad impact
- Ability to mentor others teammates
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
(Desired criteria that may help refine the selection process.)
- 2+ years of experience with replication
- 2+ years of experience coding in scripting languages
- 2+ years of experience with MySQL Enterprise Monitoring or OEM
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.