Scrum MasterLocation: Bengaluru, India Job ID R-164777
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo India
Wells Fargo India enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai locations in India.
The vision of Strategy, Digital and Innovation Operations org is to provide thought leadership in digital products for Wells Fargo and the mission is to build an agile & nimble digital product organization that partners closely with lines of business to deliver a seamless digital banking experience that delights customers through innovation, thought leadership and excellence in execution. It caters to the Digital transformation of different line of businesses of Wells Fargo like Consumer and Small Business Banking, Consumer Lending and Cards, Commercial and Corporate Investment Banking and multiple customer journeys under them.
About The Role
The role is part of the SDI Operations group. This is an Individual Contributor role and involves supporting business scrums.
- Responsible for facilitating the scrum process on scrum teams with cross-functional impacts that involve moderately complex project, non-project, or maintenance work.
- Guides the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Uses empirical data to help the team(s) assess their ‘Scrum Maturity', optimize scrum team velocity to organizational KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
- Proactively addresses systemic impediments to team agility and guides the team(s) on methods to escalate when needed to prevent challenges from becoming blockers.
- Coaches scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partners with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
- Partners with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog, which may include stories from multiple projects. Completion of some work may depend on non-agile work teams.
- Drives Scrum adoption across all levels in the organization.
- Facilitates and is accountable for owning the Scrum Agile ceremonies for the scrum team(s). Partners with Product owners, Program or Project Managers to communicate delivery of work product from the scrum team and escalates key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Identifies skills and competencies of scrum team members and makes adjustments accordingly to promote development and highly effective teams.
- Overlap of a few hours with the US Pacific / Eastern Time zone, depending on the assigned projects.
- Drive the organization-wide Agile adoption strategy and rollout of strategic execution plans and Agile teams and coach them through a journey of Agile adoption
- Coach the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers in alignment with Agile coaching team in the organization
- Coach the team on self-organizing to fill in the gaps in the Agile/Scrum adoption
- Work with Managers, Agile Coaches, Product Owners and Business Analysts to increase the effectiveness of the adoption of Agile Ways of Working in the organization
Market Skills and Certifications
- Minimum of 5+ years as a practicing Scrum Master with overall industry experience 10+ years.
- Understanding of how to effectively partner/ collaborate with key stakeholders to mature the acceptance of accelerated delivery
- Demonstrated reasonable level of technical and business understanding to optimize credibility with teams and managers
- Demonstrated understanding and practical experience with JIRA (and JIRA Portfolio)
- Scaled Agile (SAFe, Scrum at Scale, LESS) experience is a plus
- Change Management (PROSCI, Kotter, etc) is a plus
- Capable of mentoring, facilitating and coaching application development teams to adopt Continuous Delivery practices such as TDD, BDD, Pair Programming, and other Lean/Agile Modeling Techniques
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles (CI/CD, testing automation, release automation)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.