Sr Info Security Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, India, Serilingampalle, India
Job ID: R-195815
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
How we help our customers succeed, help our communities thrive, and live our vision and values
About this role
Cryptographic Engineering Team is focused on the design, provisioning, build and day-to-day management, operations, engineering, and vulnerability remediation for all cryptographic infrastructure delivering cryptographic solutions across Wells Fargo. Cryptographic Engineering Team is seeking a Senior Information Security Engineer to work on end-to-end engineering and management of multiple data protection/encryption solutions along with production support responsibilities.
In this role, you will:
- Provide Tier 3 support and engineering for multiple data protection technologies deployed across Wells Fargo networks, applications, public key infrastructure and authentication services.
- Performs access, configuration change and health monitoring of cryptographic appliances/Hardware Security Modules(HSM)/Key Management Systems (KMS) which may include reviewing logs, writing scripts for automation of tasks, and taking other technical actions required to keep infrastructure healthy and highly available
- Need to be capable of creating technical/engineering documentation and have excellent written and oral communication.
- Participate in the research, analysis, design, testing and implementation of complex data protection technologies alongside other teams within our organization.
- Participates in interactions with encryption technology vendors – helps to ensure vendor product engineering is in line with the objectives and security requirements of Wells Fargo
- Work with partner Engineering Teams on identification and remediation of security vulnerabilities and may also conduct risk assessments of Infrastructure to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and adherence to best practices.
- Performs access, configuration change and health monitoring of appliances/HSMs, which may include reviewing logs, writing scripts for automation of tasks, and taking other technical actions required to keep Infrastructure healthy and highly available.
- Provide periodic 24/7 on-call support rotation and some work will be required to be done during off hours.
- May provide technical guidance to less experienced staff. Given the nature of the encryption technologies, the team environment is very fast paced and requires the ability to drive to solutions as an individual and to work effectively with the team as well.
- 4+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 3+ years of Linux operating system engineering or automation
- 2+ years of experience with supporting, or strong conceptual understanding of, data encryption technologies and/or infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, Mongo db, Teradata.
- Experience providing production support and end to end management of production servers or appliances
- Must have intermediate to advanced systems engineering experience in medium to large Enterprise environments
- Capable of creating technical/engineering documentation
- Participates in interactions with encryption technology vendors – helps to ensure vendor product engineering is in line with the objectives and security requirements of Wells Fargo and coordinates with the vendor support team to ensure issues impacting Wells Fargo are resolved quickly and effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Participates in interactions with technical, engineering, and non-technical partners across the Enterprise for technologies listed above
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology or related streams.
- Experience with engineering and support of cryptographic products such as Vormetric key management, Voltage SecureData, CipherTrust Data Security, Entrust nCipher HSM, Safenet Luna HSM etc.
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban process
- Knowledge and understanding of encryption technologies for file/folder encryption, database encryption, application encryption & storage encryption technology
- Knowledge of Cryptographic protocols & algorithms
- Understanding of (format preserving encryption) FPE, tokenization and TDE (transparent data encryption) etc.
- Knowledge of Key Management life cycle and key rotation policies
- Knowledge and understanding of implementing infrastructure upgrades, security patches, version upgrades for systems, appliances and HSM’s
- Knowledge on security technology product evaluation, proof of concepts, & testing
- Knowledge of Python and PowerShell scripting
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
- Customer engagement & service experience, working with L1 & L2 engineers to support critical incidents
- Experience facilitating meetings with team members in various remote locations
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.