Systems Operations Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, India, Sholinganallur, India
Job ID: R-138504
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
How we help our customers succeed, help our communities thrive, and live our vision and values
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Systems Operations Engineer who will provide Critical Payments systems support and is responsible for researching and responding to Incidents tickets assigned to the respective groups; monitoring, researching and responding to questions received in the Production or Platform Support mailbox of the groups. The critical payments teams work with other applications across various business lines.
Candidate should have min of 6/8+ years of mainframe development and production support experience
Team works in 2 shifts between 06:30 AM to 10:30 PM IST and provides weekend support on rotational basis
In this role, you will:
- Participate in complex technical issues and initiatives related to large scale applications, systems, databases, or other technical products and services
- Identify opportunity for process improvements within technical support strategies and plans
- Review and analyze technical queries to extract data, create standard databases, or perform limited programming to fine tune systems supporting low to medium risk technical deliverables
- Present recommendations for resolving complex technical queries
- Exercise some independent judgment to analyze performance trends and recommend process improvements while developing understanding of technical process controls or standards
- Work as an internal consultant regarding use of tools and processes
- Provide information related to supported system area to functional colleagues, internal partners and stakeholders, including internal customers
- This role is for an individual contributor who will be responsible to support the application at L2 capacity – Attain excellent application knowledge - Technical and Functional, Work on User Service Requests, perform Application Health Checks, status reporting, Improvement/Automation and other BAU responsibilities.
In addition, collaborate with Development teams and other Technology Partner teams to restore application from an outage (Incident Management) and perform Root Cause Analysis (Problem Management).
- Research on Critical payment application Incident tickets, including research and response to questions and inquiries received in the group's Platform Support mailbox
- Updating SharePoint site with status of issues and problem resolutions
- Support Project development efforts related to ACH Core, Wires & ECS apps and other miscellaneous projects assigned to Production Support
- Support ad-hoc tasks like data requests and resolving non-critical production issues.
- Should be able to pick up and handle the production issues proactively and independently.
- Being available for the support in shifts (16/7) and handling the production issues.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6/8+ years of Systems Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Technology oriented B.E/B Tech Degree or equivalent advanced degree
- 6 or more years of experience in financial services/banking; working with Wholesale Banking/Treasury Management business applications such as electronic payment processing, ACH, wires, lockbox, credit cards is preferred
- 6 or more years of experience in supporting mainframe applications with DB2, COBOL, JCL, VSAM and CICS
- Good working experience on mainframe utilities like SORT, EASYTRIEVE, REXX, FILEAID and ENDEAVOR
- Good working experience on debugging tools like ABEND AID, Fault Analyzer. Etc
- Good working experience on scheduling tools like CA7, Control-M etc.
- Experience on integrating mainframe and distributed systems, including web services and GUI is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Analytic and excellent organizational skills
Excellent communication skills & Proactive and can work independently
- Banking domain experience
- Exposure to CA7, Control-M, IR360, IWS(IBM Workload Scheduler)
- Working knowledge of ticketing tools like remedy, service now
- An eye for automation & reducing redundancy
- Team player with eye for fixing production incidents
- Exposure to SRE and DevOps concepts and tools
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.