Workforce Operations Senior Engineering Manager
Location: Bengaluru, India, Serilingampalle, India
Job ID: R-179442
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
How we help our customers succeed, help our communities thrive, and live our vision and values
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineering Senior Manager...
In this role, you will:
The Workforce Operations Senior Engineering Manager will report to the Workforce eXperience and Productivity Solutions (WXPS) Operation head and lead an operations organization accountable to provide day-to-day management and leadership for overall WXPS operations, proactively identify and implement operational efficiencies to increase workforce platform performance that supports the needs of the business. Accountable for monitoring and resolving issues within established SLAs, ongoing patching and maintenance, and product hygiene to ensure resiliency and stability for WXPS solutions.
You will be accountable to utilize software and hardware tools and identify and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network, systems, and application performance related to products and services under management; collaborating across Technology to ensure issues are addressed quickly as part of ongoing service improvements. You will be accountable to troubleshoots workforce platform performance and provide empirical data and recommendations to continually improve performance.
As a Leader, you will provide expertise to drive software development that creates operational efficiencies and ensures products and services are secure, available, resilient, and scalable to deliver best in class capabilities to the end user, while driving down costs. You will lead the implementation of projects/epics for operational efficiencies identified for workforce solutions to improve the productivity and experience for enterprise-wide users. You will collaborate with senior business and technology leaders to address risks or issues impacting commitments for both strategic and operational priorities.
As a Leader, compliance and risk management requirements for workforce operations will be top of mind. You will ensuring the team has effective controls and processes to improve overall risk management. Maintaining strong partnerships with third-party service providers to ensure operational issues for WXPS products are addressed quickly and permanent fixes to issues are implemented timely will be key to effective risk management.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage operational aspects of WXPS technical products and services to ensure smooth running of technical operations, including break fix, monitoring, and reacting to operational improvements. Perform monitoring, product hygiene, systems management, SRE and identify and resolve issues within SLAs.
- Develop and apply firmware, software, patching and hardware solutions to meet technical requirements. Create and provide reporting that demonstrates the effectiveness and resiliency of the products and services provided by WXPS.
- Create and implement a Strategy plan for WXPS Operations. Design, control and manage the technical process and operational integrity of technological services provided by the organization. Liaise with other departmental heads to plan and implement action plans for improved technical operations.
- Accountable for quantifying the P&L impact for technologies under management. Must work closely with Technology leaders, CIO partners, Infrastructure peers and the head of WXPS to accelerate and scale agile and engineering practices, tools, behaviors, and capabilities to achieve financial targets
- Anticipate, identify, assess, track, and mitigate technology risks and issues. Prepare and manage internal and external audits and other risk demands as required. Conduct risk assessments to analyze risks and operational hazards. Proactively improve controls and processes to ensure risk is managed within Tolerance levels provided.
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team and mentor engineers and be a great role model of a service quality first and data-driven decision-making organization.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Required Qualifications, International:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 8+ years of leadership and people management experience in a large scale technology environment
- 8+ years of experience managing software development projects through complete release cycles
- 8+ years of experience with strategic planning in technology
- Management experience
- A Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years of experience with Agile practices
- 5+ years of experience with systems architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience with modern software engineering technologies and tool sets
- 3+ years of managing a 100+ FTE engineering organization
- Experience with taking software products and services from inception to customer delivery
- Experience with strategic planning, product roadmap planning, prioritization with product management
- Experience with communicating complex topics to customers and business executives alike
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.