Relationship Banker (SAFE)Location: Birmingham, Alabama, Hoover, Alabama, Pelham, Alabama Job ID R-173210
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Relationship Banker (SAFE) in Consumer and Small Business Banking, as part of Branch Banking.
Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role you will:
- Participate in building relationships with customers and spend time understanding required needs
- Identify opportunities for offering a full range of Wells Fargo retail banking deposit and credit products and services, based on customers' needs
- Analyze tactical business challenges related to full-service banking experience to emerging affluent and high-value customers
- Present recommendations for resolving inquiries and service requests regarding customers' accounts
- Open and service accounts within authorized limits, and creating plans for follow-up and scheduled contacts with customers
- Provide information to internal partners and external sources to further enhance the customer experience
- Identify opportunities to leverage partners and connect customer with the appropriate partner or relationship manager to meet their needs
- This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- Partners with financial advisors to understand appropriate introductions to address the needs of customers with investment or retirement needs
- Provides mobile options to customers
- Current registrations for FINRA Series 6 or 7 and Series 63 or 66 (or equivalent) are required for the Relationship Banker role; for individuals without these current registrations, participation in the licensing study program as a Program Analyst and successfully passing the FINRA Series 6 and Series 63 (or equivalent) licensing examinations within a specified period of time is first required prior to becoming a Relationship Banker; the required time frame for achieving passing score(s) will be communicated to the candidate under offer acceptance.
- 2+ years of customer service experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, and/or education
- 1+ year of Assessing and Meeting the needs of Customers or helping with Issue Resolution experience, demonstrated through work or military experience
- 1+ year of Building and Maintaining effective relationships with Customers and Partners experience
- Successfully completed Financial Industry Regulatory Authority FINRA Series 6 or 7 and Series 63 or 66 examinations (or FINRA recognized equivalents) sufficient to qualify for immediate FINRA registration
- State Life Insurance license(s)
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Knowledge and understanding of book of business
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Ability to make client calls and actively participate in the sales development process
- Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet team objectives while maintaining individual performance
- Experience mentoring and peer-coaching others
- Experience assessing customer needs and recommending products/services to fulfill those needs
- Experience using strong business acumen to provide financial services consultation to small business customers
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services consumer lending products
- Ability to educate and connect customer to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and employees
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- For the following states where hired, FINRA Series 65 (or equivalent) examination will also be required to be attempted within a specified period of time: AK, AL, CT, DE, HI, IA, ID, IN, KS, MD, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY** must have an Investment Advisor Representative (IAR) registration (via Series 65 or 66 exam requirement) in order to receive asset credit for any investment advisory product programs. **The State of WY permits referral-only licensed bankers to receive the IAR registration without completing the Series 65/66 exam requirement.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) website (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards
- A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance. For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite will be required
Hoover - 1600 Montgomery Hwy, Hoover AL35216
Brook Highland - 5376 Hwy 280, Birmingham AL35242
Summit - 301 Summit Blvd, Birmingham AL 35243
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.