EIT Divisional Risk Leader (PVSI) - Operational Risk Manager 4Apply now Job ID 5363914 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Chandler, Arizona, San Francisco, California, New York, New York, Charlotte, North Carolina;
WELLS FARGO ENTERPRISE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day – both in the United States and across the globe – than any other division in our company.
The EIT team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. EIT also helps customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, EIT draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise. Altogether, EIT manages world-wide technology for more than 8,700 stores and 12,500 ATMs – larger than Starbucks and The Gap combined.
This role will have accountability for technology risk management within the aligned Payments Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) Group as First Line of Defense (“FLOD”). Our environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. The model through which we deliver risk programs and oversight is changing. This role is created in alignment with the new comprehensive First Line of Defense risk structure for Enterprise Information Technology. As the first line of defense, this role provides credible challenge to the EIT group, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and risk appetite.
The EIT Divisional Risk Manager 4 will lead the planning and execution of critical FLOD risk functions, in alignment with the Corporate Risk Model and EIT Risk Target Operating Model. Accountabilities of the EIT Divisional Risk Manager will include:
- Document risk(s) within established and new line of business products/services and shared services IT processes/products/services
- Evaluate risks and prioritize risks and remediation work
Identify & Assess:
- Conduct and support risk assessments that evaluate the environment and estimate the level and trends of inherent risk, determine the effectiveness of associated controls and the level and trends of residual risk
- Be proactive in identifying risks within EIT across internal and external events
Control & Mitigate:
- Design and implement effective and proactive action plans that appropriately mitigate risks in a sustainable manner and define Key Risk Indicators to track impact
- Operate controls in an effective manner to mitigate risks and deliver IT value
- Execute the EIT-related compliance process (e.g. Audits, CICATs, SOX) and IT Policy Management & Exceptions
Monitor & Report:
- Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, detect operational risk issues
- Identify, measure, monitor, support and complete EIT risk management training, communication, and outreach programs
- Integrate continuous improvement with metrics and monitoring
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong understanding of Wells Fargo Corporate Risk Frameworks and policies and knowledge of PVSI and related group is preferred
- 8+ years of experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- 8+ years demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Experience managing information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets and or wealth/brokerage etc.)
- Experience in compliance, operational risk, IT systems security, business process mgmt. or financial services, (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk)
- Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor and third party, BCP, PMO, change Mgmt, problem and incident management, SOX and other regularly (ADA, SWAP Dealer), Access management, asset management, Compliance, IS, audit
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework – COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Proven ability and prior experience in generating a business value proposition and justification for risk consideration and input at new product & service inception
- Proven prior experience in comprehensive risk ownership and accountability for the risk profile positioning
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Strong ability and experience working with and collaborating with leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action
- Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a team of managers, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in geographically disbursed environments
- Professional certifications such as CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.