Apps Systems Engineer 6 - SWIFT Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Job ID: 5511095
Wells Fargo technology teams drive innovation to create a more powerful and fulfilling financial experience for our customers and team members. You will join more than 24,000 team members supporting 95 billion transactions annually in 10 countries. Our career opportunities span the technology spectrum: advanced analytics, big data, information security, application development, cloud enablement, project management and more.
- Job Type: Full Time
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Analytical 8
- Detail-oriented 7
- Insightful 6
- Inventive 7
- Problem Solver 6
- Curious 5
Wells Fargo wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Time Off
Opportunity to work on large complex projects, good chances to gain experience in different areas of the bank. Good opportunities to learn about all areas of financial management. Many different locations to work out of.- Glassdoor
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo TMPS is seeking a SWIFT Lead Engineer to support the SWIFT applications and services within the SWIFT Technology Services team. This position is on a team working in a fast paced environment with a wide range of business partners, vendors and technology teams. The selected candidate will perform the administrative and technical activities required to deliver SWIFT solution.
The position includes the following tasks or activities (but not limited to):
• Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign technical solutions.
• Delivers innovative and efficient solutions.
• Manages projects and work related tasks, including migration of applications to production.
• Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
• Perform various application software installations, configuration changes and configure plug-in software. Monitors system performance and capacity.
• Monitor system and application changes that have a direct or indirect impact upon SWIFT Services. Forecasts system demands and collaborates with the SWIFT Technical support team to recommend expansion and reconfiguration.
• Create or update documentation related to the activity performed (design document, maintenance procedure, troubleshooting document, etc.).
• Communicate changes/upgrades to all customers.
• May provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced staff.
• Follow change and problem management policies.
• Troubleshoots problems and takes appropriate corrective action and or interacts with other teams within SWIFT Technology Services, other Technology teams or external vendors.
• As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems, including carrying an on call pager in a team rotation, which may require non-standard hours occasionally.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with SWIFT messaging interface and SWIFT communication interface
- Experience with implementing SWIFT services infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of Routers, VPN, Firewalls, TCP/IP and TLS
- Experience with Unix, shell scripting (bash, korn) and Perl
- Understanding of MT and MX message types
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.