Associate 2Apply now Job ID 5357953 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Charlotte, North Carolina;
The Advisory Group within the Investment Banking & Capital Markets division of Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) is seeking a Second Year Associate to join its Charlotte office.
The Advisory Group consists of approximately 100 professionals located in seven offices, including Charlotte, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., London and Hong Kong.
The Associate will play a key role in all aspects of the advisory process and will work closely with members of the deal team to execute on financial and strategic advice across a variety of transactions, including acquisitions, corporate defense assignments, divestitures, exchange offers, joint ventures, leveraged buyouts, mergers, recapitalizations and spin-offs, for domestic and multinational corporate clients (both public and private).
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating detailed financial models used for valuation (DCF, LBO, merger plans, accretion/dilution, comparable company and transaction analysis
- Preparing marketing documents, including pitch materials, confidential offering memoranda, management presentations, fairness opinions and board presentations
- Conducting extensive financial, industry, economic, product and regulatory due diligence to evaluate the risk/return parameters of a transaction
- Supporting senior bankers in their relationship management responsibilities, including interaction with current and prospective clients and liaising with potential buyers, other advisors and team members
- Training, developing and mentoring Analysts
** Please do not contact the Hiring Manager.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Current second year Associate preferred
- Advanced business degree from a leading university or equivalent Investment Banking experience
- Good analytical and modeling skills
- Proven academic success and intellectual ability
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage client relationships
- Personal integrity, character and sound business judgment
- Prior M&A experience strongly preferred
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.