Consumer Direct Loan Officer- Bi-Lingual Spanish RequiredLocation: Charlotte, North Carolina Job ID R-178979
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Consumer Direct Loan Officer in Consumer Direct as part of Consumer Lending. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES!!!
- Pay: $31,200 - $200,000 Plus
- Commission plan with potential earnings above $200k
- 401(k) | 6% company match!
- PTO | New team members will receive 18 days paid time off PLUS 13 paid Holidays! PTO is prorated based on start date throughout the year.
- Full Benefits | Medical, Dental, Vision!
- Tuition Reimbursement opportunities!
- This position is located in Charlotte, NC.
Wells Fargo is looking to hire a Home Mortgage Consultant to support our Consumer Direct Team. Our Mortgage Origination team builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership. Mortgage Consultants provide answers and guidance regarding mortgage-related products and services for clients, customers, and potential customers.
Our Mortgage Consultants thrive on customer interaction and never miss an opportunity to enhance and deepen the customer's relationship. They are skilled communicators, are organized, have strong integrity, are highly motivated, and strive to reach and meet goals.
Collaborative work environment
Positive approach to educating customers
Dedication to doing what’s right
Leads and marketing provided
Schedule includes 1-2 late nights until 8pm per week and 1 Saturday every 4-6 weeks.
Position offers salary plus commission, incentive.
Required locations for this position are one of the following:
- 1525 W WT Harris Blvd, Charlotte, NC
In this role, you will:
- Participate in less complex products and loan processes
- Provide consultation in regards to home financing, and generate business via corporate relationships, direct to consumer marketing, and other third-party relationships
- Identify opportunities for process improvements within loan processes or Mortgage Consumer Direct Sales functional area
- Review loan processes and products related to Mortgage Consumer Direct Sales functional area that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives to ensure accordance with Wells Fargo policies and procedures
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex situations, and exercise some independent judgment while developing understanding of loan applications, pricing loans, or locking loan rates
- Provide home financing related information to functional area colleagues and internal partners and stakeholders, including internal or external customers
- This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the SAFE. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Mortgage Consumer Direct Sales experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in Spanish/English
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Call center experience
- Financial industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage sales and origination processes
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position. Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
Must take and pass required Spanish language assessment
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.