Lead Analytics ConsultantLocation: Charlotte, North Carolina, Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, West Des Moines, Iowa Job ID R-164709
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Analytics Consultant...
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for performing highly complex activities related to business analysis and/or modeling. Responsible for senior level consulting partnerships including delivery of findings and recommendations. Duties typically include providing insights, developing analytical strategies, performing analytical support and/or modeling regarding a wide array of business initiatives.
This job requires application of analytical, statistical modeling, stochastic and/or forecasting methods.
- Typically focus on the theory and/or advanced mathematics behind the analyses. Applies knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective. Data involved is typically very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources. To a certain degree, may be involved directly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc.
that enable analysis, modeling, and/or advanced data visualization.
- Leads project/virtual teams & mentors lower level staff. May manage project teams and provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- The Insider Threat Analytic Consultant will use their knowledge of data and analytics to provide insights regarding the state of insider threats at Wells Fargo to senior leaders and the Board of Directors.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Establishing and maintaining insightful analytics and reporting that clearly and succinctly identifies insider threat risks and the details behind the risks including root causes
- Delivers and continuously refines analytic approaches that identify insider threats (e.g. anomalous behavior)
- Sourcing data from across disparate systems to support insider threat analytics and reporting
- Establishes controls, procedures, operating models as necessary to ensure a well-documented, high-quality work product
- Advise experienced leadership to develop or influence statistical modeling, analytical strategies, and advanced data visualization for complex business and technical needs
- Lead the strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring analytical application of industry techniques, advance data from multiple sources, and mathematics behind data analysis across the enterprise, delivering solutions that are long-term, large-scale, and require vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical, and coordination of highly complex activities
- Design and lead complex projects, analyses, and application of techniques across the enterprise
- Engage with peers, managers risk, compliance, managers across the enterprise, and serve as an expert advisor to leadership team
- Mentor or manage less experienced staff, interns, and external contractors
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and more experienced managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Good knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to translate and present complex data in a manner that educates, enhances understanding, and influence decisions
- Ability to research, compile, and present critical operational data in executive summaries
- Ability to present reports to and interact with senior leaders
- Experience delivering insights through reporting
- Hands-on insider threat experience, preferably at a large financial institution
- Requires strong collaboration, coordination, influencing, and matrix management skills
- Experience using BI analytical tools including creating visualizations, descriptive analytics, and statistical modeling areas.
- Robust understanding of various data/ analytics environments such as Tableau, Teradata, SQL, Oracle, SAS, Hadoop, etc.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.