Lead Analytics ConsultantLocation: Charlotte, North Carolina, Concord, California, Irving, Texas, McLean, Virginia, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Portland, Oregon, St Louis, Missouri, Tempe, Arizona, West Des Moines, Iowa Job ID R-150982
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Analytics Consultant for the Financial Crimes Analytics, Monitoring, and Surveillance (FCAMS) team within Financial Crimes Risk Management. You will be joining an exciting team focusing on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) Quantitative Models & Analytics that lead to the successful delivery of detection solutions to Wells Fargo & Co. This position is on the FCAMS Transaction Monitoring team, and will be responsible for a range of AML Transaction Monitoring Models from development through to validation, maintenance, implementation and enhancement.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and enhance a suite of Economics Sanction Models ( Fircosoft, Bridger) and AML Transaction Monitoring models covering various products in different Line of Business in which Wells Fargo Operates.
- Provide analytical support regarding a wide array of business initiatives in the Financial Crimes space. Understand and expand the existing landscape of Economics Sanction, Anti-Money Laundering, and counter-terrorist financing surveillance.
- Partner with business and technical groups to design and implement analytic solutions.
- Work to maintain program compliance with all corporate model risk requirements.
- Ensure adherence to legal regulations and company policies on all projects managed
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business, social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- Prior Experience with Economics Sanction Models and AML Transaction Monitoring Models.
- Familiarity with AML/BSA Regulatory Compliance and Model Risk Management expectations.
- Solid foundation in statistical modeling, machine learning model building
- Hands-on experience manipulating large datasets with SQL
- Proficient in SAS, SQL, Python, R
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Working in the office 3 out of 5 business days is expected
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees.
A posting is required to be open for a minimum of five (5) calendar days, or until 40 candidates have applied. If recruiters will be closing the posting earlier than five days due to candidate volume, then the following statement must be included: Job posting may come down early due to volume of applicants.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.