Senior Product Designer (CX Interaction Designer 2)Job ID 5569719
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Wells Fargo Private Bank serves high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Abbot Downing serves ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management brings together a strategic balance of investment capabilities to serve the investment needs of institutions, financial advisors, and individuals worldwide.
Through Wells Fargo Private Bank and Abbot Downing, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and a number of specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients.
The Senior Interaction Designer (CX Interaction Designer 2) is a multifaceted product designer, with strong experience in interaction design and some visual design, who translates complex investment product requirements and flows into quality digital experiences for brokerage clients that are accessible, intuitive and easy to use. To do this effectively, the designer crafts fully articulate designs for account access, research and trading digital services; and clearly communicates them to business and technology partners and stakeholders.
From early research and ideation to final production, this designer collaborates with product, research and technology partners to understand client needs, understand existing behaviors, validate core assumptions and use those learnings to inform their design solutions.
Qualified candidates will have held positions of increased responsibility for design creation across multiple disciplines and has acquired enough breadth to lead others.
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements and turn them in to design solutions to create a quality final product
- Act as design lead for medium to large complex and high profile projects
- Participate at the early stages of product feature definition, ideation and creation
- Define the overall Information architecture, user flow, and interactions throughout any product
- Create rapid prototypes of digital experiences in any format, at any level of fidelity, for any audience
- Create accurate, detailed functional or UI specifications for digital experiences
- Actively collaborate with and in some cases lead other designers in solving problems and creating full design solutions
- Lead collaboration with other designers and front-end developers to ensure that pages and screens produced are beautiful, properly branded, usable and well-constructed
- Provide wireframes, graphic assets and other specifications for use in development, according to needs and specifications
- Is skilled in both giving and receiving design critique and direction when appropriate
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience using Sketch and InVision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively and at times lead, in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Knowledge and understanding of UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) methods for all platforms including mobile
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile development and Touch interfaces
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Experience using and facilitating Design Thinking (Human Centered Design) methods as input for potential design engagements
- Experience designing in responsive design frameworks
- Complex data visualization experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in design, art or graphics or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to provide leadership to a matrixed organization environment
- Knowledge of and experience working in Agile environments
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services and/or investments industry
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.