Tax Operations Manager (CapMkts Middle Ofc Mgr 2)Apply now Job ID 5365946 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Charlotte, North Carolina;
Tax Operations Manager (CapMkts Middle Ofc Mgr 2)
Wells Fargo Securities has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, forward-thinking, strategic leader with an excellent execution track record to join the WFS Shared Services Operations as the Tax Operations Manager.
WFS Shared Service Operations is comprised of teams covering client onboarding, KYC-CDD reviews, client/product reference data and trade configuration, tax operations, and client services.
Reporting directly to the Shared Services Operations Head, the Tax Operations Manager will join the leadership team and is expected to take on leading roles in cross-functional strategic efforts in addition to his/her immediate front to back responsibility for Tax Operations activities of WFS. The manager will have oversight of an approximately 15 person processing team based in Charlotte, Minneapolis, and Bangalore. These teams are responsible for tax form validation, cost basis calculation, witholding calculation/application, regulatory filings and information reporting. Additionally, the manager will be responsible for the oversight of the WFS Tax Control Officer accountable for implementing and maintaining the control framework and governance standards across all LOB touchpoints including ones beyond the immediate processing team’s scope.
The manager is expected to effectively
- Lead the transformation towards a well-controlled, proactive, transparent cadence with excellent client service and risk management
- Partner with change management resources to establish and lead a comprehensive and effective governance
- Steward Tax Operations requirements related upstream/horizontal/downstream touchpoints such as payment flows, reference data, and new products; influence related tactical and strategic decisions
- Partner with Wholesale Tax Center of Excellence to create synergies and optimize process/control/technical touchpoints
- Engage senior business leaders and key stakeholders to foster strong relationships and gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Execute on tactical deliverables such as remediation efforts, expired forms renewals, etc.
- Maintain a high performing team through effective hiring, coaching and rigorous performance/talent management processes
- Foster a collaborative, success-oriented team environment where resources are empowered and accountable
- Participate in relevant industry forums to ensure the LOB is informed about the best practices and standards
Internal stakeholders include reference data and onboarding teams, various operational teams, change managers, front office sales team and business managers, technology, compliance, audit, operational risk, Wholesale Tax Center of Excellence, Wholesale Legal, and corporate tax. External stakeholders include clients, vendors and external auditors.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in capital markets industry with minimum 5 years of those in management capacity (people and/or change management)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Tax Operations (or at a role with significant touchpoint to Tax Operations in one or many of the following: processing, risk management, change, consulting, audit, vendor, technology)
- Knowledge of Chapter 3-4-61, CRS, 871m, 305C cost basis and other relevant tax laws and regulations experience with implementation of one or many of these rules into day to day operational and technical deliverables
- History of leading and delivering complex strategic change across process, people, offshoring, vendor utilization and/or business initiatives
- 2+ years of experience in supporting Prime Brokerage businesses
- Working knowledge of Broadridge TMS
- Existing network across industry forums
- Baseline understanding of international tax withholding & reporting (IGAs, Common Reporting Standards, LATAM and Tax reclaim)
- Hands on experience with off-shore and/or near-shore model
- MBA, JD, LLM in Tax, or Masters in Tax degree
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.