Operational Risk Manager 3 - Global Program LeadApply now Job ID 5374005 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Chicago, Illinois, Charlotte, North Carolina;
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital Risk Management provides risk management support and oversight for Asset Backed Finance, Capital Finance, Commercial Distribution Finance, Corporate Trust Services and Equipment Finance within Wells Fargo’s Wholesale Banking Division.
This position aligns to the Head Business Risk Manager supporting Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) and will provide operational risk support to CDF. CDF provides inventory financing solutions, service and intelligence through in-depth industry expertise and a commitment to customers.
The Global Program Lead position will provide support for CDF Operational Risk and Compliance Global Programs. This position, based in the US and working in partnership with the centralized WFCC Risk Program teams, will support alignment of Operational Risk and Compliance Programs for CDF Regions outside of the US. This role will work with LOB and risk partners in Canada, EMEA, APAC, and ANZ to identify and remediate the applicable US and regional policy and procedure challenges and strive for efficient execution. This role will own consulting with business process owners to assess current state processes and improvement of controls as well as partnering with the centralized WFCC Risk Operational Risk Program team to ensure consistency of execution and implementation.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure applicable Policies and Procedures are updated and communicated across CDF and coordinate the impact of those policies and procedures with the business and other stakeholders
- Support both internal and external audits and exams as needed
- Lead the group in governance and oversight of programs assigned
- Develop applicable training material
- Familiarity of overall Corporate Policy Risk governance routines within the CDF business
- Build awareness, team coordination and communication across the CDF business about Corporate Policy Risk
- Knowledge and management of corrective action related to Corporate Policy Risk, including root cause analysis and development of sustainable solutions
- Support the business with engagement, responses, communications and meetings with internal and external examiners
- Partner with direct team on emerging issues and risk policies, including clear responsibilities and processes to address deficiencies and mitigate risk
- Build partnerships, collaborate and influence all levels of the enterprise, including CDF business partners
- Develop, plan and execute risk assessment routines, including LOB assessments, and other Corporate Risk Management Program assessment
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to all applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prior Risk Management experience in Canada, EMEA, APAC, and ANZ
- Familiarity with Shared Risk Platform, SHRP
- Proven experience with conducting risk and process assessments
- Experience with risk assessment methodology
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.