Tax Accountant 4 (Wholesale Tax Compliance )Apply now Job ID 5359755 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Chicago, Illinois, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Charlotte, North Carolina, Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, Washington, D.C.;
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS):
This position is within Wholesale Group Risk Office (W-GRO) to help Wholesale meet its regulatory requirements related to customer information tax reporting, including:
- Coordination of all reporting efforts across Wholesale LOBs with particular emphasis on global tax reporting under FATCA-IGAs and CRS
- Tracking changes to FATCA and CRS reporting schemas and data requirements as updates are released by jurisdictional tax authorities
- Data reconciliation of source system extracts against production populations
- Generation and filing of compliant and timely information reporting tax filings across numerous jurisdictions and deadlines
- Partnering with the Enterprise Group Risk Office and the Wholesale LOBs to improve the risk management function related to customer information tax reporting
- Building and maintaining robust test scripts to test regulation changes / additions, jurisdiction changes / additions or vendor upgrades
Responsible for developing and implementing systems to compile information for various federal and international income tax matters. Demonstrates expert knowledge of technical income tax and or accounting discipline and positively influences processes, policies and procedures consistent with corporate values and Global / Federal / State laws. Provides senior level review of significant income tax matters and consultation on income tax conclusions and/or administration and operational matters. Scope of role requires the ability to independently evaluate issues and apply sound business judgement with minimal oversight. Makes timely and sound decisions often under conditions of uncertainty. Guides a team of tax professionals and provides functional advice, direction and/or training. Establishes operational objectives and assignments, delegates assignments to subordinates and supervises the work of subordinates.
Essential responsibilities also includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Partner closely with business leaders to ensure that they understand and implement the reporting requirements for achieving business tax objectives
- Support the creation of reporting pillar within the Center of Excellence, specifically requirements and operational aspects around FATCA and Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
- Registration of WF legal entities with jurisdictional tax authorities as required for reporting purposes
- Support the effort of receiving, reconciling and loading tax reporting data files; and related support for training and operational processes
- Support the operation of Reporting Pillar, phasing in LOBs across Wholesale over the next several years and as business or regulatory changes require
- Support customer information tax reporting, the tax rules for production of required forms and files across numerous required recipients, and how to resolve escalated issues that ariseEnsure all tax information reporting adheres to tax rules and regulations
- Identify tax risks and planning opportunities from knowledge of the businesses and the businesses tax reporting and tax attributes
- Work collaboratively with teams of tax, operations, system professionals and consultants
- Develop and support metrics and tracking and evaluation of the performance of tax requirements and the results of the COE build out
The Tax Accountant 4 position will be a lead contributor in supporting the design, planning, testing and implementation of required changes for data acceptance, validation and production of tax forms; configuration of a data reconciliation tool; the development of rulesets for any requirements received by a centralized process across various lines of business, and the coordination across executing lines of business within Wholesale, to ensure consistency across process, people and tax enabling tools. This position will also be responsible for annual production of information reporting files for domestic and foreign jurisdiction reporting requirements.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Juris Doctorate, Masters of Taxation or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification.
- Experience with technology and tax functions.
- Experience in information reporting requirements including data capture, validation, production and distribution of management reports.
- Experience with Common Reporting Standard and FATCA IGA reporting.
- Knowledge of FATCA-IGA reporting processes in non-US jurisdictions, including registration processes, schemas and report submission mechanisms
- Knowledge of third party vendor tax reporting software and tools
- Experience in financial services environments including experience with tax compliance teams through process design.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills to communicate complex tax issues, opportunities, and risks to non-tax experts in a clear and concise manner
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.