Principal Auditor - Model RiskJob ID 5571034
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Internal Audit is a provider of independent, objective assurance services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Corporate Risk and Capital Management (CRCM) audit team is comprised of Operational Risk, Compliance Risk, Enterprise Risk, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Model Risk, Capital Adequacy, Basel, and Capital Regulatory Reporting teams is seeking talented, experienced professionals.
This position resides on the Model Risk Audit Team which focuses on oversight of model risk management and compliance with supervisory guidance and internal policy. The team provides advice and offer credible challenge to business partners regarding the effectiveness of the control environment, business trends, issues, and operating and regulatory environment changes related to the development, validation, ongoing monitoring and use of models.
- Performs auditor-in-charge and supervisory role for the most complex assigned audits within one or more segments of the Audit Plan.
- Leads timely planning and execution of an assigned audit project.
- Manages projects ranging in size and complexity based upon level of experience.
- Provides timely reviews and feedback of audit work to audit staff.
- Ensures documentation and reporting are ready for review by managers and senior managers.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships within Audit and with teams across the enterprise.
- Ensures audit programs and testing are risk-based, and executed according to Audit policies and guidance.
Base salary range for this role is:
CO-Denver: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000 Max: $149,500
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience leading and providing feedback to staff on audit projects or engagements. Similar to Auditor in Charge responsibilities. Experience in risk and control identification/assessment
- Issue validation and remediation experience
- Model and model risk understanding and experience
- Knowledge and experience in capital markets, stress testing, credit risk, market risk, counterparty credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, treasury, capital management, BASEL, balance sheet or interest rate and trading
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
CO-Denver: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.