Senior Lead Auditor - Model Risk ManagementApply now Job ID 5372375 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Denver, Colorado, West Des Moines, Iowa, Minneapolis, Minnesota, San Francisco, California, Charlotte, North Carolina;
Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS) is seeking a talented, experienced professional to join the Model Risk team. The Senior Lead Auditor is responsible for leading execution of the integrated audit process (as auditor-in-charge and engagement supervisor) and may participate in audits (to provide subject matter expertise), in accordance with WFAS policy. The Senior Lead Auditor is responsible for accurately assessing risks and controls, developing effective test plans, exhibiting appropriate judgment regarding issue notification, drafting findings and final audit reports, and leading communication with clients with limited guidance. We are looking for a team member with significant audit or risk management experience with the proven ability to critically assess risk management practices.
The position will be on the Model Risk audit team within Capital and Models Risk Management, which is responsible for overseeing enterprise-wide Model Risk Management. Depending on the candidate’s background, the position will be on a team covering Capital Markets, Corporate Risk, and Wealth Investment Management OR a team covering Credit and Finance. The successful candidate will lead a variety of audits covering all aspects of the Wells Fargo & Companies model risk management framework including top of house model governance, line of business model governance, and general model control reviews. This person will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with business partners as part of ongoing business monitoring activities. The ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with other WFAS audit teams is essential for success in this role.
- Exhibit appropriate judgment regarding issue notification.
- Issue draft findings to client management, and drafts final audit reports for review by the Engagement Supervisor or Senior Audit Manager.
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge/understanding (technology, operational, financial, regulatory) across multiple businesses and/or develops knowledge in a critical subject matter area.
- Lead multiple concurrent projects that are generally moderate to large in size and moderate to high in complexity.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical, and regulatory environment across multiple businesses and/or develops strong subject matter knowledge in critical areas of the business.
- Evaluate and provide appropriate solutions for complex problems.
- Demonstrate professional skepticism.
- Present audit results in an objective and unbiased manner.
- Write opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions.
- Escalate significant risks to appropriate levels of management.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Previous model risk management experience and knowledge of FRB SR11-7 and OCC 2011-12
- Experience in one or more of the following: trading, capital markets, market risk, counterparty credit risk, credit, finance and accounting
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.