Operational Risk Consultant 4Apply now Job ID 5478533 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Des Moines, Iowa, Fort Mill, South Carolina, San Francisco, California, New York, New York, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Summit, New Jersey, Charlotte, North Carolina, St Louis, Missouri;
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group- specific testing.
The Enterprise Testing team is seeking multiple Operational Risk Consultant 4's to execute Business Process Testing (BPT). These team members will primarily serve in a review lead capacity for BPT reviews but may also execute in a tester capacity. Execution of all aspects of the Enterprise Testing methodology including: Plan and Prepare, Execute, Identify Issues and Corrective Actions, and Report and Escalate Results will be expected.
Specific Job Responsibilities include:
- Execute end-to-end business process walkthroughs, identifying risks and primary/key controls, evaluating control design, and testing the effectiveness of manual and automated controls.
- Manage engagements to planned dates, resources, and hours.
- Execute throughout the life cycle of the review activities to ensure the adequacy/accuracy of scope, sampling, testing approach, issues, work papers, quality reviews, etc.
- Develop subject matter expertise and a thorough understanding of the processes reviewed.
- Receive quality assurance feedback positively and take appropriate actions to address areas requiring attention.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities, and implement routines to drive effectiveness and efficiency.
- Influence line of business and control executive teams to resolve issues, develop sound corrective actions, and strengthen internal controls.
- Write reports that clearly articulate work performed and summarize testing results to business leadership, executive management, and the board.
Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
This role may sit at any location within the Wells Fargo Corporate Risk Footprint.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4 + years in Audit, Risk and/or Compliance testing operational and compliance controls
- Experience with Wells Fargo internal risk systems such as, but not limited to: SHRP and ORIS
- Experience with tracking and monitoring corrective actions, audits or exams
- Experience providing “credible challenge” to business partners when necessary, with the ability to lead through influence.
- Full testing lifecycle experience that includes assessing test scope, designing test scripts, as well as executing, documenting and reporting.
- Experience leading regulatory compliance reviews, preferably of large scope, while leading other testers and resources.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.