Company Secretary - WFBIApply now Job ID 35553BR Location Dublin, Ireland;
Market Job Description
Provision of corporate secretarial matters to Wells Fargo Bank International UC as a member of the EMEA legal department. Provide support to Board of Directors and Senior Management team with responsibility for administration and management of board function and governance. Provide support as a member of the EMEA legal team that is responsible for legal entity lifecycle management and governance, entity database management, corporate records maintenance and supporting strategic transactional work.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required
- Perform corporate secretarial functions for Wells Fargo Bank International UC, including coordinating all Board meetings and meetings of the committees of the Board, including ad-hoc meetings, drafting and/or reviewing articles, charters, terms of reference, stock registers/transfer documentation, minutes, resolutions and other corporate actions and work with members of the legal team to perform all related administrative tasks.
- Work closely with the legal department, external counsel, Board and committee Chairs, Senior Management and other support function team members to organize and prepare agendas and papers (packs) for Board and committee meetings.
- Act as a legal resource for certain discrete projects connected to WFBI, particularly concerning corporate governance issues, under the supervision of other members of the legal department and WFBI management and support functions.
- Assist in managing the formation/acquisition, registration, ongoing maintenance and disposition of new and existing legal entities and investments.
- Maintain statutory registers or books, oversee certain regional company and regulatory filings.
- Provide transactional support for mergers, dissolutions, acquisitions, investments, contributions, dividends, asset sales and other corporate transactions and review legal/transaction documents and associated correspondence.
- Responsible for database/document management and ensuring the integrity of data maintained in Wells Fargo’s systems of record for legal entity information.
- Assist with the resolution of issues where expertise is required to analyze relevant law, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Provide legal support on issues relating to WFBI corporate and regulatory matters to the EMEA legal department.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Hold an academic qualification in English, Irish law or other common law jurisdiction (LLB, LLM, FEI, PPC, Post Graduate Diploma in Law etc.) or able to demonstrate sound technical knowledge of relevant subjects.
- Hold an ICSA qualification or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Desirable to have prior employment experience with a law firm or financial services organization.
- Be able to demonstrate transactional experience.
- Be able to demonstrate strong experience in providing support in company secretarial matters.
- Have an understanding of equity investment operative documents including but not limited to, stock purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, articles of incorporation, by-laws, designation of preferred stock and joint venture agreements.
- Be highly-motivated, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a broader team, based in remote locations. Comfortable with working with management and team not based on-site and demonstrate ability to work with an entity that is part of a much larger enterprise.
- Have excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Have a mature, flexible, proactive and creative approach to their work.
- Be able to manage projects independently.
- Familiarity with basic relevant technology, including use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.