Country Compliance Sr Associate (FTC)Job ID 46143BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
The key focus of the role will be the performance of compliance risk identification and assessment activities in accordance with the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Program (‘RCRMP’), an enterprise wide regulatory risk management program aimed at ensuring global consistent standards throughout the Wells Fargo Group.
The Consultant will support the EMEA Country Compliance team in assessing the applicability and completeness of the Wells Fargo’s library of major compliance requirements as derived from key EMEA or global regulation in relation to EMEA entities, jurisdictions and lines of business and documenting the controls in place to mitigate regulatory risk. The Consultant will work closely with the Proponents and Evaluators in region to complete risk assessments of existing, potential and emerging regulatory compliance risks identified from both internal and external environments
- Assist with the management and administration of the Compliance Risk Management tools across the EMEA Compliance Program.
- Review and Co-ordinate International SHRP requirements including various data quality clean-up projects for the EMEA Country Compliance Team.
- Support the EMEA Country Compliance Team with the identification and recording of relevant major compliance requirements including liaison with ‘communities of practices’, proponents of such requirements and other relevant projects.
- Assist in reviewing, documenting and assessing the effectiveness of relevant controls.
- Support the EMEA Head of Country Compliance in preparing management reporting for boards and other committees as required and with assistance with key regulatory projects and initiatives as directed.
- Co-ordinate Country Compliance meetings.
- Co-ordinate Country Compliance monitoring activities required for EMEA Compliance.
- Act as a back-up for travel monitoring approvals
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
Market Skills and Certifications
- Educated to degree level.
- Strong generalist compliance experience is essential, preferably within a compliance shared service function in a wholesale banking / investment banking environment.
- Strong understanding of Global and European regulatory requirements and how these apply to banking / investment banking lines of business.
- US regulatory knowledge is desirable.
- Analytical skills – the candidate have good analytical skills with experience in collecting, analysing, and synthesizing information on various subjects.
- IT literate - including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other reporting tools but also able to understand use of technology for improving the regulatory control environment.
- Problem solving skills – the candidate must demonstrate the ability to identify key issues, and obtain appropriate information for further analysis.
- Communication - excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) skills are essential with an ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all levels of staff.
- Teamwork skills – the candidate must be flexible in his/her work style and be able to work appropriately with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.