Financial Crimes Senior AssociateJob ID 67792BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Main function of the job
This role is to support the Wells Fargo Bank International UC (WFBI) Financial Crime Program Manager (Manager) and assist with the management of the WFBI Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) Program function on a day to day basis.
FCRM is tasked with Financial Crime related activities for WFBI – including Customer Due Diligence, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), Sanctions and other regulatory requirements. Management of the WFBI Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) function on a day to day basis sits with the WFBI Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) into whom the WFBI Manager reports.
The Financial Crimes Senior Associate is intended to act as support to the Manager and assist them in their role as the Subject Matter Expert covering AML/CFT and Financial Sanctions and ABC Legislation and Regulations.
- Provide SME expertise and support the Manager in discharging their responsibilities within WFBI and within the larger Financial Crimes Risk Management function
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date and informed understanding of relevant legislation and regulations and their impact on WFBI and the broader Financial Crimes Risk Management Function
- Conducts investigative research, root cause analysis and consulting on transactions, suspicious situations, policy violations, referrals, customers, and related parties that present moderate to high risk or complexity
- Take the lead on drafting high quality reporting for various governance committees and teams
- Engage and co-ordinate with all stakeholders in the development and review of risks and controls for both WFBI risk assessments and ongoing risk management
- Undertake quality monitoring reviews and escalate identified issues and control gaps across the financial crime framework
- Contribute to WFBI and EMEA-wide procedures, policies and programs required to meet legal and regulatory money laundering obligations within Ireland and the EU (where required).
- Monitoring and updating, where necessary, Inter-Company Agreements relating to WFBI activities and requirements
- Assist with the preparation for and management of items raised from internal and external audits and regulatory exams
- End to end management of initiatives with moderate to high risk
- Act as representative for function and manager including within WFBI and EMEA. Deputise for the manager in their absence in meetings and in project work demonstrating an ability to work unsupervised
Market Skills and Certifications
Skills and requirements
- Experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal) or financial services industry experience - which must include direct experience in risk management of AML/CFT, Financial Sanctions and ABC experience
- Strong knowledge of relevant regulations, supporting guidelines and industry standards expected
- Experience of providing financial crime subject matter expertise within, or supporting, a regulated entity
- Proven track record of working collaboratively across multiple business lines and with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels but also of taking the lead as needs dictate
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and presentation) skills and organizational abilities are essential with an ability to liaise constructively and clearly across all levels of staff
- Experience of analysis or gap assessment of corporate or group policies and procedures against Irish and EU legislation, regulatory guidance and standards
- Demonstrated ability to identify and obtain key information for further analysis
- Strong attention to detail essential
- Demonstrated experience working to tight deadlines displaying efficiency and effectiveness on a daily basis
- Strong ability to manage multiple requests for information and handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- The ability to work reliably and flexibly while unsupervised is essential to the role
- CFCPP, ICA or ACAMS credentials desired
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.