WFBI Senior CounselApply now Job ID 38965BR Location Dublin, Ireland;
Market Job Description
- Provision of legal advice regarding the activities in Ireland including activities carried out by Wells Fargo Bank International UC and any other current or future activities and entities in Ireland.
- Additional support on regulation and lending transactions within EMEA.
- Providing legal advice across a range of issues to EMEA management on Irish law and EU law issues.
- Providing local law advice and counsel on transactional and related regulatory issues impacting WFBI
- Advising the WFBI senior managers, WFBI Board and relevant stakeholders on key legal and regulatory issues impacting WFBI
- Providing advice and counsel to senior leadership in EMEA on cross-border transactional and related regulatory issues
- Working independently with business units to help develop their businesses, particularly in obtaining requisite approvals from EMEA committees
- Identifying and mitigating transaction risks and providing creative, problem-solving legal input to new product and new initiative development
- Advising on licensing regulations in various jurisdictions, in particular on the ability to market, solicit and conduct business in such jurisdictions
- Analysing and interpreting legal issues and complex documents (including term sheets and full legal documentation), for business units
- Communicating regularly and co-ordinating with the Legal Department, in particular adhering to policies and procedures in retaining and managing external counsel
- Managing external counsel relationships and all related expenses, particularly on transactions (and approving legal invoices)
- Consulting with and advising clients and representing the firm in dealing with others inside and outside the organisation, as appropriate
- Keeping other Legal Department and line of business colleagues updated on EMEA legal developments and their impact on Wells Fargo’s businesses
Market Skills and Certifications
- Extensive experience as a practicing lawyer (in-house and/or private practice), university law degree and authorized to practice law in Ireland.
- Extensive transactional experience practicing law with a major law firm or financial services organisation.
- Substantial experience representing international financial institutions on cross-border transactions.
- Good technical knowledge of Irish and other EMEA markets and relevant laws (securities, insolvency, tax, etc.) with respect to capital markets, structured finance and similar products.
- Excellent research, analytical ad writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; poised and confident.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proactive approach to providing legal advice.
- Experience in developing and executing solutions to complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.