Data Security / Data Management Consultant 3Job ID 5525535
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Data Management Solutions (DMS) organization within Data Management & Insight (DMI) provides holistic and consistent data management capabilities to Wells Fargo. This includes Data Management, Data Quality Monitoring, Metadata Management, Data Lake Management, and Master/Reference Data Management.
The Data Security Data Management Consultant role will report to the Enterprise Data Lake Data Security Leader as a key member of the team charged with managing data security through a business data management lens across the Enterprise Data Lake. This position will be accountable for the development and execution of end-to-end data security business processes and governance activities; and business controls relating to data privacy & sensitivity, data usage, data security requirements, data protection, and data access areas. This challenging, yet rewarding role will require collaboration across other enterprise data management teams as well as developing strong working partnerships with Wells Fargo Technology teams.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with DMI, Risk, LOB, IS, and IT teams to establish data security business processes and requirements
- Identify data security control points and implement measures to integrate data security practices and requirements along the end-to-end data lifecycle
- Identify and lead resolution of data security process control gaps
- Partner with data domain teams to support front line data security activities through data understanding and early identification of data security requirements
- Promote data security practices across the data community
- Establish and operate data security governance routines
- Create, maintain, and communicate data handling and accepted usage behaviors of enterprise data environment assets
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to mature data security capabilities
- Support/drive development of presentations, as needed, across various audiences
- Provide support to ad-hoc requests as needed
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Process Engineering
- Expert level experience with defining and operationalizing cross-functional governance structures
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Expert level experience with synthesizing input from multiple sources into business requirements, standards, and/or guidelines
- Demonstrated understanding of identity and access management, encryption, data anonymization, and data access monitoring concepts
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements concerning data privacy and data protection in the financial services industry
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 5000 Riverside Drive - Irving, TX
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 6200 Park Ave - Des Moines, IA
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
TX-Addison: 5080 Spectrum Dr - Addison, TX
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
GA-Atlanta: 3579 Atlanta Ave - Atlanta, GA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.