Product Management Manager 4 - Home Lending Digital, Sales, UX, Transformation Strategic DirectorsJob ID 5565124
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending businesses empower millions of customers to achieve their dreams every day. Whether it’s buying a home, purchasing a car, funding a significant purchase, or making important daily credit card purchases, Consumer Lending provides important credit products and services that help our customers succeed. The group includes Home Lending, Auto, Credit Cards, Retail & Merchant Services, Personal Lending, Consumer Lending Control, and Consumer Lending Shared Services.
The Consumer Lending team partners with other businesses across Wells Fargo to create and deliver transformational experiences that help customers gain access to credit. The vision for the Consumer Lending business is to leverage technology and data to make it simple for customers to easily access credit when and where they need it. Consumer Lending serves customers across the country through our distribution network of more than 5,300 retail banking branches and Home Lending offices as well as online and digital channels.
We are looking to fill multiple Product Management Manager positions within Home Lending’s Product Strategy and Delivery organization to evolve and improve the customer experience in following Mortgage Retail product areas:
- Consumer Direct Sales – this area focuses on the people, process and technology to deliver the OKR’s that support Consumer Direct Sales
- Distributed Sales – this area focuses on the people, process and technology to deliver the OKR’s that support Distributed Sales
- Strategic Partnerships – this area focuses on the people, process and technology to deliver the OKR’s that support Strategic partnerships including real estate agent, builder, bank, WIM, LMI, etc
- Team Member UI – this area focuses on designing & consistently delivering a best-in-class UI experience for all products that serve our team members, enabling us to maximize our TM adoption, utilization & business impact
- Customer UI – this area focuses on designing & consistently delivering a best-in-class UI experience for all products that serve our customers, enabling us to maximize customer value, adoption & engagement
- Digital Originations - – this area focuses on partnering with our Digital Originations partner (Blend) to deliver best-in-class capabilities from early customer engagement, sales integration, application, fulfillment & closing
The Product Management Manager is responsible for leading Product Managers and Product Owners in an assigned product area. This entails both people management responsibilities as well as domain expertise to provide effective leadership to the team, including managing the product throughout the product Lifecycle, gathering customer and business insights, conducting product discovery, product planning and delivery prioritization based on value, tracking and reporting on key performance indicators, and articulating product value propositions to customers. It also includes working with cross-functional partners to ensure that revenue, customer satisfaction goals and other outcomes are defined, validated and met in alignment with the business’s overall strategy and goals.
The Product Management Manager is expected to:
- Lead overall product management for a key focus area
- Lead a team of Product Managers and Product Owners to develop technology product roadmaps across assigned technology products that support Home Lending
- Help define business case, objectives and key results, and product-market fit for assigned product
- Lead product discovery, including customer insights through primary and secondary research, business analytics, competitive dynamics, technology trends, macroeconomic factors, and regulatory requirements
- Partner with business operations and technology leaders to develop a cohesive product strategy across impacted business areas and technology products
- Develop and coach team members to establish an industry leading product management competency
- Develop and manage product related vendor and partner relationships, including negotiating vendor contracts
- Be directly accountable for product performance and value recognition of product investments
- Lead efforts to obtain and analyze customer/competitive information and market research related to development and testing of services/products; distribution strategies and innovations, end-to-end technical/systems and customer requirements, and performance measurement techniques; and managing enterprise-wide efforts to align and coordinate distribution channels, systems requirements, product introduction, marketing, training, and ongoing product/service management
This leader will be responsible for direct and indirect product owners, and design thinking as well as user interface design. The leader will leverage voice of the customer and team member feedback to help drive results and priorities.
An established leader with proven critical thinking skills and demonstrated operational credibility will be determining factors in selection. A successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. The candidate will have strong relationship management, influence, vision, operational and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The candidate will bring a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for driving such results.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Salary range is determined by location of the job. Salary range: Min: $140,000 Mid: $200,000 Max: $260,000 May be considered for a discretionary bonus, Restricted Share Rights or other long-term incentive awards.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven track record of managing products through the full life cycle with the scope outlined above
- Proven expertise in product discovery, customer research and insights, design thinking or other discovery approaches, competitive differentiation, and business case development
- Ability to envision customer experiences through customer insights and empathy
- Previous experience in Mortgage Loan Originations and/or Servicing strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of financial services preferred
- Strong understanding of Agile transformation and framework and ability to define epics, features and user stories and manage scrum teams to get them implemented
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present complex concepts into simplified solutions in a straightforward and understandable manner to multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies, which capture opportunities to serve multiple stakeholders, providing clear direction and support to the team
- Proven record improving business and vendor performance by taking a customer-focused holistic approach to understanding business processes, controls and workflow through an organization
- Ability to execute in a fast pace, rapid iteration environment while balancing multiple priorities
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3476 Stateview Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
AZ-Chandler: 2800 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.