Apps Systems Engineer 4Apply now Job ID 5369916 Schedule Type Reg-Time Work Hours 40 Location Frederick, Maryland;
Institutional Retirement and Trust is a Top 10 retirement plan provider serving 3.7 million participants in more than 5,100 retirement plans. Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement Technology (IRT)/ Wealth Technology develops workplace retirement plans for both employers and employees. As a leading retirement plan provider our mission is to help America’s diverse workforce prepare for a better retirement.
Within the WYSTAR (Record Keeping System) area of Institutional Retirement, this individual shall be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of back office “core WyStar” solutions using c++, sql, ksh scripting, and some Java. This position also requires the individual to perform Tier 3 assistance for the application support team to assist in resolving any production incidents pertaining to their area of expertise.
Standard hours are 8am to 5pm EST. Standard work hours are Monday thru Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM EST. There is potential for after hours or weekend support needed to support release activities, production support needs, or to enable the team to meet project deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with QA teams, business analysts, and other groups within IRT
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert and lead teams/projects
- Ability to perform Tier 3 Support working effectively with the Application Support team.
- Financial industry or 401(k) retirement plan experience
- Experience analyzing/ writing stored procedures
- Ability to analyze business requirements and transform those requirements into business rules
- Ability to analyze quantitative or qualitative data
- Ability to assess issues and implement solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of high level designs, low level designs, and process flows
- Oracle DB/ Exadata knowledge a plus
- Agile and Scrum experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.