Infrastructure EngineerJob ID 5552185
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America’s diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock’ banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company’s customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
Acts in a lead technical role providing technical guidance and consultation with developers, clients and IT management for web systems environments. Provides the strategy and design for projects associated with web and e-commerce application installations, upgrades and deployments. Utilizes advanced technologies and methods to integrate web systems with existing systems, enabling the creation of new or expanded web enterprises. Develops new documentation and departmental technical procedures. Directs the gathering of performance statistics to assist in determining hardware and communication tools needed to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability targets. As an escalation point, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of highly complex technical problems involving the maintenance and/or creation of web sites and ecommerce applications and their integration into the existing systems environment. Leads projects and manages the work of less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
This position is for third level production support of Wells Fargo web sites and e-commerce applications. This includes both Linux and Windows operating systems with Tomcat and WebLogic application servers as well as Apache and IIS web servers. A senior web systems engineer is responsible for deploying code, implementing new infrastructure and new technologies, developing alerting and alarming solutions, and 24x7 production environment monitoring and support to ensure optimum performance, availability, and security of the front-end and middleware environment. Advanced system administration tools will be utilized. Additional responsibilities include:
• Advanced application support for the resolution of highly complex technical problems
• Directing large-scale projects and application implementations from proof of concept through testing and installation.
• Statistics gathering and analysis to assist architecture engineering and development teams in determining capacity planning requirements to support projected transaction volumes, response times, and system availability targets
• Collaborating with enterprise partners on issues and initiatives that impact the infrastructure
• Provide training and direction to less experienced web support engineers and staff
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of Tomcat implementation experience
- Experience with Apache Storm
- Experience with Apache Zookeeper
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Knowledge/exposure with Mongo DB and/or Apache Cassandra
- Kowledge/exposure to Redis (cache and message broker)
- Exposure to Windows Servers
- Experience with Ansible/automation
- Web application installations, upgrades, and deployment experience
- Experience with servers or systems that support/host web applications
- Advanced scripting skills specifically around automation, log rotation, data collection, error collection and alerting
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.