Software EngineerJob ID 5551387
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America’s diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock’ banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company’s customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
Within the Deposit Risk Prevention team, this developer position will be responsible for supporting vendor developed distributed applications for Overdraft Collections and Recoveries. This application to be designed for loss avoidance through active collection and recovery activity on overdrawn consumer and small business Deposit accounts. This position involves all aspects of the systems development life cycle, with the candidate responsible for the design, documentation, coding, testing, and implementation tasks necessary to extend the functionality of the existing system.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Providing development, troubleshooting, and technical support for Windows based applications
- Installing, uninstalling, and providing scripting for third party vendor software products
- Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Designing and developing complex programs to satisfy business requirements
- Ensuring quality, security, and compliance requirements are satisfied
- Identifying and remediating application vulnerabilities
- Analyzing changes to determine impacts to supported applications and environment
- Developing new documentation and technical procedures, and user guide
- Participating in testing and updating the business continuity plan
- Effectively communicating with internal and external teams to address requirements and troubleshoot complex issues
- Supporting needs of business partners
- Ensuring development servers are maintained (i.e., built and patched correctly)
- Using vendor specifications to document install and uninstall instructions for supported products
- Providing primary on-call support
- Working in a team environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Familiarity with CACS
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.