Capital Market Middle Office ManagerJob ID 60495BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About the Role:
This is a senior role in the APAC CIB Markets Operations department based in Hong Kong supporting the Wells Fargo Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) business in Asia. The business offers a suite of Fixed Income products of Credit, Rates, Foreign Exchange (FX), and Cross Asset solutions to corporate, government and institutional clients. The individual will be managing the Fixed Income Trade Support team supporting Sales/Trading activities, monitoring regulatory reporting, performing daily controls and reporting KPIs to senior stakeholders.
Reporting to the Head of APAC CIB Markets Ops, the individual will perform daily controls across functions, provide leadership experience and coaching junior members, as well as partnering with various APAC and global partners on supporting and enhancing controls for the business.
Product coverage including, but not limited to Interest Rates Swaps, Cash Bonds, US Treasuries, Mortgage-Backed Securities, Futures, Credit Default Swaps and other OTC derivatives products.
- Provide operational support for APAC Interest Rates, Credit and Mortgages desks
- Perform control functions such as trade monitoring, reconciliations across systems, failed trades management, P&L/risk reporting and collateral management
- Maintain intra-day curves and pricing environments for supported products
- Design, validate and compile P&L and risk attribution reports to ensure accurate daily risk and P&L reporting
- Position and P&L reconciliation, including break investigation and resolution
- Perform Hong Kong Trade Repository (HKTR) controls and quality assurance. Participate in ISDA/DTCC working groups to ensure existing process is up-to-date
- Resolve ad-hoc issues and asks from internal stakeholders and clients
- Participate in projects and new products initiatives
- Lead the team to further improve efficiency and strengthen control framework
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior members in the team
Market Skills and Certifications
- Bachelor degree in Finance or relevant subjects
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant operations/middle office experience in securities markets such as Credit/Rates cash securities and derivatives
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in people management or relevant leadership role
- Relevant experience and knowledge in US and HKTR regulatory reporting is an advantage
- Excellent problem solving and stakeholders management skills
- Flexible working hours and able to work on holidays and/or extreme weather situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.