Corporate Banking Portfolio ManagerJob ID 61979BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
- Responsible for originating and credit management. Onboard customers and complete bookings.
- Manages and promotes the maintenance of a portfolio that adheres to all applicable credit policies and compliance requirements.
- In collaboration with the Relationship Manager, the PM is responsible for end-to-end development of a credit origination, including creating term sheets, conducting vetting & due diligence, structuring, underwriting, presenting for approval, documenting legal, and managing credits within the assigned portfolio.
- Typically works in complex deals, has client interaction, and provides support in managing the portfolio with frequent and real-time updates. This includes researching industry trends and the analysis of the financial performance of individual customers.
- Works with clients directly to understand credit needs and represents the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Continuously looks for opportunities for revenue generation and cross-selling products and services.
- Training, supervising and mentoring of credit analysts, junior relationship managers and junior portfolio managers.
- Periodically assist with or lead key risk management projects and support.
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex credit underwriting through the highest level of the approval process on an independent basis. The underwriting process includes for new deals, amendments, waivers, renewals, rating changes, etc.
- Credit and operating exposure such as various loan products (line of credit, prorata syndication, letter of credit, bridges, M&A financing, term loan B), syndications, receivable financing, trade financing, hedging (FX, rates, commodities, futures clearing, swaps) and cash management.
- Review of loan documentation, bond indentures and ISDAs.
- Provide deep dive analysis and teach-ins on industries and fundamentals of a company.
- Strong analytical skills and detailed knowledge of accounting standards in multiple jurisdictions.
- Proven ability to analyze financial statements, develop projection models and communicate findings in a concise manner for large, complex multinational clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills (actively participate in internal and client meetings), written analysis and presentation skills, and sound analytical thinking.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.