Country Risk Analytics OfficerApply now Job ID 20517BR Location Hong Kong;
The Country Risk Analytics (CRA) regional coverage officer is responsible for country risk ratings and country limits for Wells Fargo Corporation in an assigned geographical region.
- Acts as Regional Coverage Officer forAPAC. In this capacity, he/she evaluates country risk and assigns country risk ratings, prepares timely country risk reviews, monitors country risk on an ongoing basis, and recommends and manages country limits (by product, amount, and tenor) appropriate for the risk level and overall corporate risk appetite.
- Communicates relevant issues to other risk managers, marketing and support officers, and senior management.
- Develops a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo’s strategies and products in foreign markets, with particular emphasis on risk considerations through regular interaction with lines of business active in foreign markets (most notably the Financial Institutions Group).
- Develops and maintains communication with internal and external contacts, participates in international forums (IIF, RMA), and meets with economic, banking, and regulatory experts in respective regions, including on-site country visits.
- 3+ years’ operating in an international environment, with experience in international economic and world political affairs.
- 3+ years’ experience in sovereign and/or country risk analysis within a financial institution or rating agency.
- Experience in preparing macroeconomic and financial analysis.
- Understanding of international financial markets and issues.
- Degree in international economics, finance, or business.
- Financial analysis research and writing skills.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Familiarity with all of the following resources: Major rating agencies, EIU, IMF & World Bank and relevant publications, Financial Times (London), The Economist.
- Fully conversant in MS Office suite (including MS Access).
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment with a demanding workload.
- 5+ years’ operating in an international environment, with experience in international economic and world political affairs.
- MBA, CFA, or equivalent. Recommended course work includes: macroeconomics, financial markets, business finance, financial accounting, and statistics.
- Experience with borrower credit underwriting and credit scoring grids.
- Familiarity with loan products, trade-finance instruments, and risk mitigation tools.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and API.
- Understanding of capital markets products (such as interest rate derivatives, USCP, and future flow securitizations), and the use of market indicators as risk metrics (such as CDS spreads).
- Fluency in at least one Asian language.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.