Credit AnalystApply now Job ID 15210BR Location Hong Kong;
Wells FargoCorporate Banking Group(WFCBG) is dedicated to being the premier provider of financial services to US companies engaged in international commerce. WFCBG provides companies with access to all of Wells Fargo’s international financial services both within the US and from international locations. We partner extensively with Wells Fargo’s broad and deep product experts, such as those in the following areas: International Payment and Collections (including Trade Finance and Overseas Payments and Cash Management), Risk Management (including FX, Rate Risk Management and Insurance on Foreign Receivables) and Financing.
- Support senior bankers in their credit origination including term sheet preparation and deal structuring on new client opportunities and underwriting large and complex clients.
- Work closely with the portfolio managers in supporting senior bankers by providing underwriting for credit opportunities (i.e., corporate lending, trade finance, derivative hedging, transactional banking, etc.) with publically listed Asian Corporatesand Asian subsidiaries of US multi-nationals.
- Ensure a high quality portfolio by proactively managing the credit responsibilities for a portfolio of existing customers including the delivery of periodic earnings reports and industry news, preparation of annual reviews, interim credit actions, waiver requests, covenant monitoring, etc.
- Prepare in-depth industry reports. This should include specific analysis related to our customer’s competitive position in its respective market and comparative analysis with its competitors.
- Assist with the prospecting initiatives in our key strategic markets in Asia including country analysis, public market characteristics, major industries, and identifying key strategic prospects that are consistent with Wells Fargo’s Foreign Corporate strategy.
- Analyze historical financial statements and develop projections and rationale
- Credit Analyst experience preferably with large foreign or Japanese Bank in HK or Tokyo.
- Strong corporate underwriting/structuring experience preferably with large corporate/multi-national corporations with capital markets knowledge. This should include proven and detailed analysis in cross-border transactions.
- Strong corporate finance and accounting skills with familiarity with international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Excellent time management and communication skills with ability to coordinate with internal partners across multiple time zones during non-traditional working hours.
- Strong research and industry analysis skills. Capable of disseminating important information on an ongoing basis and providing relevant analysis to facilitate effective risk identification and risk mitigation.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English. Fluency is another language, such as Japanese, is a plus.
- Strong team player, high level integrity, self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or accounting.
- Expected travel 15%+
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.