Credit Trader, Wells Fargo SecuritiesJob ID 61234BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Successful candidate will be trading and market
making for Asia and US Investment Grade Credit/Sovereign bonds. He / She will take an
active role in:
• monitoring the trading book risk and partner with respective risk managers to resolve any issues.
• to backup for other traders on periodic basis and work with overnight US trader to facilitate flows.
• working in a team, with a focus on servicing clients through pricing, construction of robust, data-driven trade
ideas, consistent communication with Sales.
• to generate consistent profitability and manage risk prudently while partnering with various risk management functions.
• consistent communication (both verbal and written) with clients and frequent client travel over a period of time.
• working with other Trading Desks across locations to accurately and efficiently disseminate market relevant information.
• to help improve trading desk infrastructure by leveraging in-house technology and optimize electronic trading across Asia/Europe/US.
Market Skills and Certifications
• Full-time status
• Fluency in written and spoken English. Mandarin skills will be an advantage
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills
• 7+ years’ experience actively trading Asia credit bonds / working with Asian client base
• Candidate must be comfortable working in a team with focus on client flow and sustainable revenue streams
• Candidate must have the strong analytic skills, knowledge of basic bond technical and current markets
• Candidate must be prepared to work on a diverse range of projects which may include all risk asset classes within the securities division
• Candidate must have a college degree from an accredited institution
• Candidate must be HK SFC licensed or HKMA registered for Type 1, 4 & 9 regulated activity.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.