Head of Strategy and Business DevelopmentJob ID 65757BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
This position is a critical leadership role within the Asia-Pacific (APAC) Regional Management team and will be responsible for developing strategy and transformation effortsfor the APAC region.
The incumbent will:
Strategy and Business Development
- Provide support to the Regional President/Head of CIB, APAC and Regional Leadership in developing APAC business strategy, special projects
- Facilitate decision-making and issue resolution as required with a broad array of leaders across the organization (within APAC and external to APAC) including obtain buy-in to proposed strategy and support implementation of developed solutions/plans from stakeholders
- Monitor industry and global trends to assess possible implications and impact on APAC strategy
- Facilitate a consistent and coordinated communications plan and messaging across business LOBs and support groups with regional activities
- Manage, guide and develop junior team members to help them deliver strategic plans and initiatives
- Support Client Strategy process for APAC in collaboration with business leaders and business COOs.
- Support pipeline management across CIB/region along with coordination and management of client engagement for senior leaders both within the region and in the US.
Vision and Communications
- Support communication and marketing of APAC business capabilities, strategies and progress and financial results to International, Enterprise and external audience
- Coordinate plan and manage content for various communication channels including Regional Townhalls, leadership meetings, offsites etc. in partnership with communications.
- In partnership with ICOO and RCOO, design and implement an efficient approach for the 'operating norms' of APAC, including business routines and cross region forums/cadences
- In partnership with RCOO and team to manage and coordinate regional business updates for International, CIB and Enterprise committees and leadership
- Plan, coordinate and keep contents of meeting focused by tracking decisions on key priorities, coordinating leadership engagement, annual financial planning and budgeting
- Participate in various internal and external meetings, committees or functions as required
Market Skills and Certifications
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.