Head of Regional Governance and ManagementJob ID 63615BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets and advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading and research capabilities, to corporate, government and institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration and respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Head of Regional Governance and Management to join the APAC COO Office to lead the key teams and functions for the region, including Business Management, Regional Committee Governance, Product Governance, Legal Entity Governance and Property, Resiliency and Safety. Reporting into the Regional Chief Operating Officer (“RCOO”), APAC, this position will act as a key deputy of the RCOO. He/She is responsible for running the organizational strategy from a RCOO perspective, coordinating with the various Functions in the US and the region to ensure effective management of these responsibilities and developing changes for effective and efficient regional transformation and management.
The APAC COO Office has responsibility for supporting the region with the facilitation of key governance and control activities across multiple Wells Fargo legal entities. The role holder will have an excellent opportunity for development across a range of activities and stakeholder engagement in APAC and with the US.
This role will be managing the managers and sub-teams supporting 6 major functions as follows:
Leadership Support & Business Management activities:
- Manage and be responsible on the drafting of APAC Executive Committee, Operating Committee, and APAC Risk and Control Committee updates on behalf of the Regional COO; and coordinate drafting of International Executive Committee updates on behalf of the Regional President.
- Oversight of all audit issues assigned to COO, including initial challenge on ownership, ensuring Corrective Actions are designed and owned appropriately to meet required remediation and ongoing oversight.
- Develop strategy for the team including leading the assessment of current maturity of functions and resourcing and developing strategic, prioritized improvement plans to build new functions or mature existing functions.
Business Management activities:
- Regional Management and COO headcount management and tracking: co-ordinating with talent acquisition on new hire approvals, and broader regional CIB headcount and co-ordinating with Finance/HR on financial projections.
- Cost management activities, including; review of central COO AU activity, CIB finance forecasting requirements for the COO function, Executing/Advisory for cost allocation methodology for COO and Regional Management costs.
- Working closely with the Cost & Efficiency Programme Director on the cost & efficiency strategy for COO function, including the co-ordination of COO led cost saving initiatives that may be identified during the design phase.
Regional Committee Governance :
- Corporate and Regional Governance management and coordination: Regional Executive Committee, Regional Operating Committee, Regional New Initiatives Committee.
- Product review and approval governance, coordination with global businesses for products to be marketed, sold, distributed in APAC.
- For regional Legal Entities: Outsourcing (inter-affiliate and third party), Branch Management Committees and support and Representative Office Governance, Resolution Planning.
Property, Resiliency and Safety:
- Business Resiliency, Health & Safety, Incident Management, COVID-19 response & co-ordination, Return to Office strategy, Office Services.
This position is a critical leadership role within the Asia-Pacific (APAC) RCOO team and will be responsible for running the organizational developmentfor the team.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Considerable experience in one or a combination of the following: regional leadership, regional or legal entity governance, strategic planning.
- Significant experience in leading large and complex multi-disciplinary teams
- Deep knowledge of, and working experience dealing with regulatory rules and oversight in each key strategic market in APAC region.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a matrixed environment and navigate effectively across all levels of the organization including developing strong working relationships with Regional Leadership and other senior executives.
- Exhibit proven success in working across multiple stakeholders to set strategy, construct a business case and plan execution of large-scale, multi-group initiatives.
- Exhibit an enthusiastic leadership style, driven and results oriented; comfortable working in a partnering environment and sometimes being the leader behind the scenes orchestrating the process.
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels
- Ability to coordinate internal audits or examinations conducted by external parties
- Ability to develop operational reporting
- Proven ability to successfully execute initiatives, manage projects, and drive for results.
- Display excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; must be able to effectively communicate and broker agreements amongst diverse, differing, competing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities.
- Exhibit proven collaboration/facilitation ability; team player and collaborator with demonstrated success in leading, influencing, motivating and building strong internal relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic vision for the team and effectively align resources and influence the right structure to deliver results.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex issues and initiatives simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Financial Services industry including strong knowledge of both the Wells Fargo lines of business, functional groups and cultural norms.
- Have a good understanding of our different businesses and operating platforms across the region to drive ‘One Wells Fargo” and regional initiatives and priorities acting as a balanced regional management function representing the Enterprise and Wholesale view.
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.