Software EngineerJob ID 64093BR
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) group is responsible for Agile, Architecture, Services, Product Development and Cloud, Engineering, and Tools, Site Reliability, as well as training and processes to enable the Wells Fargo Technology organization and the company to achieve this transformation.
About The Role
The Senior Platform Engineer will design, develop, and implement near real-time data streams, ingesting and enriching business and operational data from various sources across the organization as part of a new enterprise observability platform.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Experience with observability and monitoring products such as AppDynamics, ITRS Geneos, Datadog, NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana, Wavefront, etc.
- Proven track-record of partnering with internal customers, architects, engineers and other technical partners to gather requirements, understand existing systems and develop value-added products/services.
- Demonstrated experience with the Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana stack.
- Installation and configuration of Clusters
- Indexing Data
- Queries, Aggregations, Mappings
- Cluster Administration and Automation
- Act as the subject matter expert for ELK implementation across the shared service platform.
- Ability to integrate with other operational data platforms and tools including Kafka, Splunk, etc.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5 + years of experience with Elasticsearch development, integration or support
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of Java or Python experience
- 2+ years of Puppet experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing, PaaS design principles and micro services and containers
- Experience with data streaming technologies and use cases
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Design and implement multi-tenancy in Elasticsearch for data isolation and visualization in Kibana by different tenants of the shared service.
- Experience designing, implementing, deploying and managing large Elasticsearch clusters and ELK solutions.
- Advanced experience with Elastic Search to include designing Elastic infrastructure environments, performance tuning, managing Elasticsearch clusters, solution development for searching and analyzing indexed data.
- Advanced experience with Logstash to include collecting, parsing and transforming attribute data and log data from disparate sources, understanding the Elastic Common Schema and the use of Filter plugins.
- 2+ years of experience using an automation/orchestration solution such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.
Market Skills and Certifications
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.