Due Diligence ConsultantLocation: Hong Kong SAR Job ID R-167945
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Due Diligence Consultant...
In this role, you will:
- Own client onboarding/review process to mitigate risk through a due diligence process for assigned cases.
- Participate in conducting less complex client due diligence processes, research and identify opportunities to mitigate risk
- Consult and provide support to interpret policies, guidelines and governance programs
- Support business in execution of due diligence reporting processes and controls
- Review and analyze client onboarding processes or challenges that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives
- Exercise independent judgment to guide medium risk deliverables
- Aggregate, evaluate and report results and escalate where necessary
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing expertise in the due diligence function, policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, managers and internal and external customers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Actively engage in team projects and initiatives if required.
Required Qualifications, International:
Required Qualifications: 2+ years of risk management experience in one or a combination of the following: risk management, client service, operations support, or business process management; or 2+ years of financial services industry experience and a BS/BA degree or higher in business or any above-mentioned discipline
2+ years of BSA/AML experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Operates independently with minimal supervision, and effectively manages work requests to meet performance expectations
- Ability to dissect complex organizational structures to complete due diligence reviews
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to collaborate with geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and maintain momentum driving for results and clarity in uncertain situations
- ability to read and write Chinese is preferred
- ability to read and write in other languages is favored
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.