Business Analyst - Wells Fargo SecuritiesApply now Job ID 21593BR Location London, United Kingdom;
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
About the Role
This Senior Programme Manager will be the centralized point of contact in EMEA for key projects and their corresponding system and process changes. He or she will need to have the ability to manage multiple workstreams at once, while partnering with senior leadership in-region and in the US, to drive successful project execution. Over time, this individual will likely have the ability to manage junior PM’s & BA’s, but initially will need to establish project structures and governance in partnership with the US-based PMO. The role will involve Various PM and BA responsibilities as part of the overall book of work.
- Experience with international Capital Markets businesses and with emphasis on efforts with regulatory impacts (e.g. Brexit, MiFiD, AML/KYC).
- Ensure timely and accurate updates of project tracking, analyze processes and draft workflows as needed.
- Work with Legal, Compliance and Front office to define requirements for new system functionality required and help coordinate implementation.
- Skilled in navigating complex organizations to identify key partners across multiple lines of business and can establish collaborative relationships with these partners.
- End to end project management skills from project initiation, planning, execution and delivery; Knowledgeable in software development lifecycle.
- Skilled in creating project level deliverables (Project Charter, Business Requirements, Risk Analysis, Project / Test / Implementation Readiness Plans, etc.) with minimal direction.
- Independently leads effective workgroups, assigns tasks, identifies issues, escalates risks, follows up and reports status as required.
- Creates and executes project status reporting documentation and routines for project stakeholders and steering committee executives as needed.
- Skilled user of MS Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Visio and other MS office tools
- Responsible for end-to-end program or project management of high-visibility programs/projects, demonstrating ownership of the entire lifecycle from beginning to end.
- Interacts with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish linkage between programs/projects and Wells Fargo Securities strategic goals and objectives. Consults with business partners to clarify and define complex project requirements, budgets and business cases, including statements of work.
- Provide program support as needed (including but not limited to arranging/coordinating meeting logistics, preparing and distributing agendas, facilitating meetings, capturing notes, identifying actions items, publishing meeting minutes, researching issues, writing Business Requirements Documents and other general administrative and planning tasks).
- Manage programs in accordance within internal project standards. Create and maintain key program/project management artifacts in compliance with internal standards & best practices, including: Risks & Issues Logs, Status Reports, Project Plans, Change Control Log, Action Plans, Decision Log, etc.
- Communicate program status and progress (including key milestones, risks/issues, and dependencies) to appropriate stakeholders including the business PMOs, IT PMO, Business Unit Leaders, Wells Fargo Securities resources, and others.
- Hold program sponsor/owner and project resources accountable to the agreed plan and for timely decision making, prioritization, escalation, and execution. Follow up on assigned actions.
- Identify best practices; Document and distribute new or revised processes and procedures; update SharePoint sites that host project documents, reports, and/or group information; serve as point of contact for project information.
- May be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and managing outside vendors
- Capital markets experience.
- Solid contract experience
- Exposure to Managing trading application technology projects
- Superior written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience managing a group of related projects (a Program) or large complex projects (Master Projects).
- Proven leadership, relationship building, and collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate with project teams and stakeholders including executive management.
- Ability to work effectively supporting multiple projects in an atmosphere of shifting priorities and deadline pressure while taking the initiative to identify problems/dependencies and recommend solutions.
- Ability to look beneath the surface to perceive the true state of programs/projects, anticipate risks, and problems and mitigate them (escalating as necessary to meet timelines)
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.