Corporate Governance LawyerApply now Job ID 39834BR Location London, United Kingdom;
Market Job Description
- Provision of legal advice to the EMEA platform, with particular emphasis on corporate and corporate governance matters as wells as related regulatory and other governance requirements.
- Coverage of day-to day company law and company secretarial matters (with support from the paralegal team).
- Managing a team of corporate secretarial paralegals.
- Providing legal advice across a range of issues to EMEA management.
- Providing local law advice and counsel to senior leadership in EMEA on corporate and corporate governance matters and related regulatory governance matters
- Identifying and mitigating transaction risks and providing creative, problem-solving legal input to new product and new initiative development
- Working with other members of the Legal Department
- Providing legal advice on compliance policies, advising and working with other stakeholders (including Compliance, Risk, COO’s office) as appropriate
- Analysing and interpreting legal issues and complex documents and working with company boards and committees
- Communicating regularly and co-ordinating with the Legal Department, in particular adhering to policies and procedures in retaining and managing external counsel
- Managing external counsel relationships and all related expenses, particularly on initiatives (and approving legal invoices)
- Consulting with and advising clients and representing the Bank in dealing with others inside and outside the organization, as appropriate
- Keeping other Legal Department and line of business colleagues updated on EMEA legal developments and their impact on Wells Fargo’s businesses
Market Skills and Certifications
- Duly qualified lawyer admitted to practice law in England, the United States, other common-law or European jurisdictions
- Experience practicing law with a major law firm or financial services organisation
- Good technical knowledge of EMEA corporate, corporate governance and related regulatory laws and regulations which impact on the financial services industry
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Flexible, proactive, creative and entrepreneurial approach
- Knowledge of US securities laws helpful
- Ability to manage projects and work with multidisciplinary project teams
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.