EMEA KYC Compliance Consultant - PermanentApply now Job ID 37469BR Location London, United Kingdom;
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
- Conducted on a timely basis, and that records are being recorded and maintained in accordance with relevant EMEA laws, rules and regulations, and firm policies as appropriate
- Provide advice around the disposition of any items of negative news or other AML related items during the review process.
- Understand and implement any Enterprise, Wholesale or EMEA CDD standards.
- Liaise with other KYC review functions being performed within EMEA where required.
- As part of the review process ensure that the KYC/AML checks on clients are undertaken in accordance with UK and EU laws and regulations, and corporate policy as appropriate.
- Investigate ownership and control to identify all ultimate beneficiaries and possible PEPs for KYC and risk management purposes.
- Assist the business in obtaining updated information and documentation required to meet legal and regulatory money laundering identification obligations.
- Undertake desktop investigation of client background utilizing all available internal/external systems.
- Assisting with the ongoing maintenance of client information and documentation.
- Assist with preparation for internal and external regulatory exams and audits.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects within the AML team.
- In addition to these functions, team members are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Some understanding of KYC & AML requirements for various client types.
- Some knowledge and understanding of AML laws, rules and regulations in EMEA and knowledge of the global AML regulatory environment.
- Experience dealing with front office staff, preferably in an investment bank.
- The ability to work unsupervised, to a high standard of detail.
- Some knowledge of Joint Money Laundering Steering Group Guidance Notes & the Money Laundering Regulations as they relate to KYC.
- IT literate - including MS Office Suite
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.