EMEA Regional Lead - Wholesale PMOApply now Job ID 37762BR Location London, United Kingdom;
Market Job Description
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
Main Function of the Role:
Wholesale PMO International team is responsible for managing business change initiatives that may span the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions.
The EMEA Regional Lead, is a Project Management Manager position reporting directly to the International Portfolio Leader responsible for business case projects & programs that impact the Americas, APAC and EMEA region. The EMEA Regional Lead will have overall responsibility for end-to-end delivery of a number of change initiatives that cross multiple Lines of Business (LoBs), and Legal Entities (LEs) whilst working with delivery partners e.g. Legal, Compliance, Finance, Operations. Change projects may range from Regulatory, Compliance, Business Enablement and Strategic Transformation. The role will be expected to directly manage a small team of Project Managers whilst taking a hands on delivery role in the capacity as an EMEA Regional Lead.
- Escalate, as appropriate, any issues arising in the support of work streams managed which may have a negative impact on the International Platform/Process, our customers, or the delivery of the project as a whole or on resources and/or systems.
- Liaise with business partners to define the handover criteria which will signal the transition of a project activity to business as usual and, where appropriate, the program of measures (policy and procedures); training; definition of KRIs etc.) to be initiated to ensure ongoing monitoring of the change implemented.
- Ensure all work undertaken is delivered in accordance with both established Wholesale PMO process and protocols and the Wells Fargo Project Management Policy and Methodology.
- Creates and delivers presentations to Exec to mid-senior level management on project goals and plans, including progress reports.
- Manages directly and usually oversees indirectly (through management team) all activities and team members associated with projects that have substantial impact to two or more lines of business or where intersecting business strategies require significant and ongoing coordination and staging.
- Manage governance committees and other forums including Steering Committees including the chairing, representing the wider team, delivery of content and completion of actions associated with such meetings.
- Effective resource capacity planning and structuring of the team, including team objectives and development objectives for individual team members.
- Initiating and directing highly complex projects, including those managed by others; overseeing project staff in their identification of requirements, development of project plans and strategies, and preparation of business cases.
- Regularly influencing and negotiating with senior management; managing task forces; overseeing program/project control and related risks.
- Managing program/project financials; developing and/or authorizing policies, procedures, controls within scope of project to optimize results while ensuring compliance with government regulations and enterprise policies.
- Ensures appropriate management of team member performance, including application of leadership objective, assessment of expected team member competencies in learning agility, emotional intelligence, ownership/commitment, servant leadership, stakeholder partnership, network performance, business acumen, customer centricity, judgment, and risk management.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Experience in a combination of different change initiatives e.g. regulatory, compliance, operational risk, people & process, business enablement, etc. Leadership of regulatory change impacting investment banking and governance.
- Change Management experience gained within an International Investment Bank spanning different business lines e.g. Securities, Asset Management as well as second and third line teams e.g. human resources, operations, compliance.
- Experience in carrying out business case development, building out project proposals for executive sponsorship; both management consultancy and bank side background considered.
- Ability to manage by influence and so engage stakeholders at all levels, across business and functions to deliver against defined objectives.
- Solid project management experience and ability to clearly demonstrate management of cross functional/cross discipline teams both through direct management and influence.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team as well as an individual contributor.
- Proficiency in managing multiple tasks; work-streams concurrently, prioritizing accordingly to ensure consistent deliver to time.
- Strong analytical skills; the role requires interpretation and synthesis of regulatory, business and technical information to ensure that the solutions implemented meet the needs of both Wells Fargo and its clients.
- Experience of leading a team of business change projects managers as well as self-managing complex, high profile and sometimes sensitive change initiatives with no delegation of assignment of project management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to vary approach and so ensure that the method of communicating any message is tailored to the intended audience.
- Experience of managing high profile regulatory change driven by regional bodies e.g. Prudential Authority, Financial Code of Conduct, European Union, Central Banks.
- Experience of managing non-regulatory change e.g. business enablement, operational risk mitigation, organisational change driven by audit & compliance, and strategic plans.
- Experience of a Project Management methodology e.g. Prince2, PMP, Six Sigma, etc. Hands of day-to-day expertise of Microsoft Project, and project management tools e.g. Clarity.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and the ability to apply them practically in delivering against project objectives.
- Unquestionable conduct, ethics and integrity.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.